PC Applications forum

General discussion

DRM

by joemomma / October 7, 2004 3:52 PM PDT

Is it impossible to break the DRM (digital rights management) on the WMV files? I had purchased a WMV and couldn't open it after I was promised I would be able too B4 paying, long story short they won't refund me and I can't view the file I downloaded.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DRM
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DRM
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: DRM
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 8, 2004 1:16 AM PDT
In reply to: DRM

Not here. Here's why. http://reviews.cnet.com/4002-7600_7-5082963.html
Forum policies writes:

"Piracy or Unlawful Activities
This community forum is a place for ideas and constructive participation, and not a place to violate any laws or to discuss illegal activities. This type of activity includes, but is not limited to, advocating or asking for information regarding software piracy or unauthorized emulators of software or hardware, sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information,"

So please don't ask.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: DRM
by joemomma / October 8, 2004 2:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: DRM

Sorry Bob,

I was just cheated and did know what to do about it.

Collapse -
I know the feeling.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 8, 2004 2:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: DRM
Collapse -
Irrelevant
by KitKatKaity / June 15, 2011 9:55 AM PDT
In reply to: I know the feeling.

Bob,

You're referral to the rules regards illegal activity. As the questioner actually bought and paid for the product. It is not illegal for him to try and watch the product he PAID for. I can't stand high and mighty people like you. You quote the rules against innocent people who are just trying to get help but I bet as soon as you need help, you'll forget all about the so called rules that you misquoted.

Don't worry JoeMomma, I've also just bought a movie that I am having trouble watching. Amazon instant videos are DRM protected and don't allow you to download them to a DVD. It's really interesting. If you search DRM removal online and even on this site, you will find programs that will help you remove the protection. So far though, I'm still stuck with only watching my DVD on my computer. It's a real pain.

Collapse -
Nearly 7 years later and
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 16, 2011 1:04 AM PDT
In reply to: Irrelevant

If you look at who hosts these forums, you can bet that DRM removal will not be discussed here. Even if it's how to operate software you paid for.

As this is not subject to change, we'll lock this ancient post.

Please start your new discussion and in the Forum Feedback forum if you feel the rules need change.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?