Computer Help forum

General discussion

driver problem

by lila1160 / July 31, 2005 5:08 PM PDT

I have a Ausus A7NX8-E deluxe motherboard with an ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 display adapter & a Sony DVD-RW DRU 530A & Liteon CD player. I had the computer built for me with a 200G Sata hard drive. I also have 3 EIDE 80 G drives I use for storage. Only one of my storage drives is FAT system; the rest are the other which I cannot think of the name right at the moment but you probably know. I have a brand new Canon Mixma MP750. My computer will suddenly just shut down & restart after I have been on awhile. Microsoft tells me I have a problem with a device driver that probably needs updating. I've went to the ATI website & got totally confused; couldn't even find the software for my All-In-Wonder 9000. I forgot to say that I have 512 memory card which I had read that it was really all that you need so I haven't bought anymore. How in the world can I find out what driver is causing my problem?
I think the computer is a 2700 & it's an AMD. Any suggestions would should be appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: driver problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: driver problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A Suggestion
by phantazy / July 31, 2005 6:55 PM PDT
In reply to: driver problem

I run AMD XP 3000 with Asus A78nx de luxe and Ati Radeon 9700 pro.With 512Mb Ram my system timed out running intervideo WinDVD, adding ram cured it. Ati is tricky but the new Catalyst divers are more stable.

Collapse -
driver problem
by lila1160 / August 1, 2005 2:08 PM PDT
In reply to: A Suggestion

Paul, I go to their site & cannot find anything on the All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro; used to be their. I have looked & looked for my original installation disk but can't find it. How can I find out what version I am using & update?

Collapse -
driver problem
by lila1160 / August 3, 2005 12:38 PM PDT

Does it matter what type of Ram you put in. I seem to have read that you should use the same type. I had it written down once & now forgot what it was; all I remember is the number 400 on it.

Collapse -
I suspect heat.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 31, 2005 9:23 PM PDT

You didn't list the power supply size or whether you ran it with the cover off. Both issues are not uncommon since novice machine builders will always think a 350 Watt power supply will be enough. Cooling issues are not uncommon but drive the owners mad since they only show up under load and not during most diagnostics a shop will run.

Bob

Collapse -
driver problem
by lila1160 / August 1, 2005 2:10 PM PDT
In reply to: I suspect heat.

I had an extra fan installed when I had it built & what do you mean use while cover is off?

Collapse -
driver problem
by lila1160 / August 1, 2005 2:20 PM PDT

Something I wanted to say Bob & forgot. My maiden name was Profitt but my grandfather spelled it the way you do. Did your family generate from KY or TN we might be related way back.

Collapse -
The case cover.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 1, 2005 11:11 PM PDT

It's a test to see if heat is the issue. You remove the case cover to see it heat is building up. Another novice issue is they think more fans would mean that's not it. PLEASE remove the case cover.

There are relatives in TX, Weatherford and such. Grandma was a Benham.

Bob

Collapse -
driver problem
by lila1160 / August 3, 2005 5:07 PM PDT
In reply to: The case cover.

Bob, I didn't think it is a heat problem so I updated the All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro. One reason is that I can just turn my computer on play a game 5 minutes & there I am computer shuts down & restarts itself. Now I am ready to try your suggestion & will let you know what happens. When I had my old Gateway & I had 3 hard drives in it. I could always figure out how to fix it but I guess I am in over my head with this new pc. I'm trying to figure out what drivers do I have that needs updating? I've always been able to fix most things if I just have directions to follow but finding what's wrong is my problem!

Collapse -
Heat
by Stan Chambers / August 1, 2005 1:43 PM PDT

With all that hardware in the case, heat is definitely an issue. You may have already dealt with the issue, but you didn't note that.
So, first be sure you have enough cooling. All those drives will require multiple fans, properly placed in the case.

Collapse -
driver problem
by lila1160 / August 1, 2005 2:18 PM PDT
In reply to: Heat

Asus utility has the Cpu fan at 3245 whatever that means?

Collapse -
Ati
by phantazy / August 1, 2005 4:59 PM PDT
Collapse -
driver problems
by lila1160 / August 2, 2005 2:43 PM PDT
In reply to: Ati

Paul, I went to the site & it has only one download for ALL-In-Wonder for XP. The Catalyst Version 5.7 which I have version 4.8. I cannot which I have been searching everywhere find my original disk. My computer is only a little over a year old & always kept everything in a box together. I have taken it in for repairs & take the box in also so I don't know where it disappeared to. You have to uninstall before you can put in version 5.7 so I'm scared it will mess things up & then I will be in BIG trouble. I have been to the site before & they had upgrades for the 9000 pro but I can't find it now.

Collapse -
ATI Drivers
by Stan Chambers / August 3, 2005 7:32 AM PDT
In reply to: driver problems
Collapse -
driver problem
by lila1160 / August 3, 2005 12:32 PM PDT
In reply to: ATI Drivers

I went to the site & downloaded the Catalyst version 5.7 but it still crashed while I was playing a game. Also, I do have the the multimedia center which I lost when I uninstalled the old version. That's where you can connect your tv or vcr to the computer so I never used it anyway but am going to download it just in case I need it later or it keeps giving me trouble. I did get an error while installing saying Severe,Zero Display Service Error & I had to click ok. Everything so far looks fine even my new Samsung 19" digital monitor.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!