General discussion

driver download difficulties EPSON stylus

My laptop crashed & have gotten most everything restored, but I recently moved & haven't been able to locate the CD for my Epson printer/scanner to reload the driver. I can use the printer & copier functions, but not the scanner! Have tried unsuccessfully to download the driver (even getting instructions from Epson which told me to do what I'd already done).
I keep getting a message that says it can't copy all the files. Epson said I didn't have enough memory. I emptied my TEMP files & recycle bin. Still no good. My husband tried it on his computer - same thing. (Mozilla, IE - same results)
ANY IDEAS?
Compaq laptop, Windows XP 2002 w/ Svc Pk 3,

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: driver download difficulties EPSON stylus
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: driver download difficulties EPSON stylus
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try this

Just guessing here.

Try uninstalling the printer completely then shutting down the system and disconnecting the printer.

Restart the computer, and re-install all of the Epson setup files. When done, close down, re-connect the printer, and see if that works.

Mark

- Collapse -
epson driver download

nope. still nothing on the scanner.

the problem seems to be that (for whatever reason) 2 of the scanner files won't download from epson to me. they never get to me to be installed in the package with the other files related to the printer.

thanks anyway.

- Collapse -
From this page.
- Collapse -
epson driver download difficulties

Thank you for replying.
Unfortunately, this is exactly what I've already tried (several times now). Since I have tried 2 different computers & 2 different browsers & a variety of attempts, I believe the problem is with the download files themselves.
Very frustrating.

- Collapse -
Epson driver download difficulties

has anyone used the 'driver whiz' that shows up as a sponsor on this page? reliable? safe? does it work?

- Collapse -
Mine is an Epson Stylus NX100.

It is a fairly new model but, it is a 2008 one.

Printers in the All-in-one category have a relatively short lifespan.

The latest drivers I got for it dates back late Summer of 2009(a little more than a year ago).

I am, currently looking, to renew my colored ink cartridges but, found out that the newest single function printer on the shelf right next to the cartridges I wanted to purchase for my Epson is the exact same price as the ink cartridges next to it.

The point is, sometimes replacing the unit with a much newer one that comes with new ink cartridges and a driver for it(rather on a packaged disk or online designed for win. 7 x64/x86) is much smarter than to fight today's world of advanced Operating Systems and hardware.

Second point is, considering replacing both the tower of the machine that comes with a pre-installation of Win.7 and the printing/copying/imaging unit is much smarter and much cheaper in very long run of time.

Third point is, Win. XP is no longer a stable O.S. nor supported. Vista(6) is today's classic O.S. and, was surpassed by Win.7(6.1/all editions) before SP2 was even available for Win.6.0 as of last year(2009).

Copy and Paste this post into your word processor and save it for future referrals, OK? This post is very serious, not a joke, nor a hoax. Real life reality.

- Collapse -
epson driver download

i am aware of all the points you've mentioned (they are valid).
that said, i have a VERY busy schedule (in-home business and home-school parent as well) so i don't really have time to learn a bunch of new equipment & peripherals.
secondly, i have vista on my desktop and HATE it.
i have two (newer) canon all-in-ones & don't like either of them as well.
call me fossil if you want to. just because a thing is superceded doesn't mean the new thing is better.

- Collapse -
Here something I forgot to mention.

All-in-ones are made to be painfully slow as turtles.

You will have to be extra patient with them. These units sound and act like they can not figure out what you just sent them to do. It has to sort out every modes of printing in order to find the specific one. Printing a drafted page only.

I, personally, wish to have a simple printer only, nothing else included into the same chipset of the same unit. Send the print job, prints it without any hesitation what-so-ever.

Unfortunately, it is, no longer, the case.

Good Luck!

CNET Forums

Forum Info