Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

DownloadShield.com

Anyone use the service at Downloadshield.com? It costs $20 for a 3 month period to be able to download several movies. What I'm wondering is if there is an additional charge per movie?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DownloadShield.com
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DownloadShield.com
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Be afraid.

In reply to: DownloadShield.com

Collapse -
Re: Be afraid.<-add a VERY to that...

In reply to: Be afraid.

I STRONGLY urge you to NOT use this site or it's stuff.
Here's why.

1)Once you get your pw and account name(which are btw a joke for security measure it's so simple and you can't change it) you are directed to oneshield.com(which btw is another joke... They really should put those disclaimers ON the register site.)
files in this site are not direct downloads they are connected to p2p filesharing sites, which are, when you track, connect to apparently, what looks like a pirating site.
So... I did a little check about the movies and their liscensing rights. Weeeeeell as far as I can tell, no one has liscensed several of the movies on this site for legal "online downloading".

2)1-2hrs download time? A big laugh there. Also they claim they don't share but they do. In my case it started uploading more than it downloaded so I immediately took a deeper look at it...(legality so forth, where it was coming from etc. then deleted it immediately.)

3)Even after you close down their program apparently it's still ON. Even though it doesn't show up on the taskmanager something was eating up my memory. The numbers didn't add up. Funny thing when I did a deeper search the program was still running(You can even tell when you shut down all the programs because it tells you that the program is still running and windows has to forceshut it down). I don't have the computer expertise to figure out WHAT it was doing but it doesn't make me feel anymore comfortable that's for sure.

4)There is apparently something weird going on with the programs available to their members. The download accelerator and the bittorrent3.2.1 is what they give you.
For one, the uninstall points to a file that does not exist so in short you cannot uninstall.
Two, I'm currently trying to get this file out of my windows and it keeps on freezing on me every time I try to uninstall it.
Three, they claim no spyware but my software is picking up alot. I usually only get 2-3per day, now without surfing the net it has quarrantined over 20 in 2days? Maybe just a fluke but this site has been nothing short of a nightmare.

This is my guess but I believe this is part of what they do, they claim they are legal by providing only the p2p file sharing links. Anything beyond those links is not their responsibility, even if it is pirated material.
What you do pay for is access to those links so you're not getting anything for those 20$.
The site itself is probably legal but the content they give out and spread is IMHO is NOT legal as far as I can tell.

I strongly urge people to stay away from this and if you have accessed it, to delete everything you got from there and run a spyware and anti virus program just to be on the safe side.

Collapse -
downloadshield.com

In reply to: Re: Be afraid.<-add a VERY to that...

Thanks so much for posting your reply. I was 2 seconds away from clicking the final payment button when I had 2nd thoughts ~ checked around and found this. Whew!! Thanks again.

Collapse -
Your right, best to stay away

In reply to: downloadshield.com

Thank you ?R. Proffitt? and ?Svafa0104? I was also close to paying the $20 to ?Downloadshield.com? so I could get ?World of Warcraft? which is currently on back order.

Here is a link to more information about the legality of ?Downloadshield.com:

http://www.1st-free-music-download.com/downloadshield.html

It is best TO STAY AWAY from ?Downloadshield.com.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.