General discussion

downloading speed

Hi All,
I am new to this, so if I mess up please excuse me. I posted this question recently, but have no idea where it went. We have three conputers in our house. One is a desk top and the other two are laptops. Its the laptops that are causing the problems. When I am downloading something on my laptop, and our son decides to download as well, he steals all the speed from my laptop. He will be downloading at over 100 and my speed drops to 3 or 4. It does not matter who is downloading first, he gets all the speed. Is there something I can do to my computer so that I don't loose my speed? Please remember that I am new to this, so you have to explain it in words that I will understand. Thanks to anyone that can help me.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: downloading speed
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: downloading speed
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Tell more . . .

Router? Wired or wireless to each PC. Which PC is slow?

- Collapse -
speed

Sorry. It's my Dell laptop that slows down. the desktop is high speed by phone cable, my computer is wireless. the other laptop is wireless.
Does this help?

CNET Forums

Forum Info