General discussion

Downloading Drivers after reformatting

How can I download specific drivers for my Satellite P105-S6024?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Downloading Drivers after reformatting
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Downloading Drivers after reformatting
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
How I do that.

I use another machine and head to Toshiba.com's laptop support site. I'll put the drivers on CD or USB stick whichever works.
Bob

- Collapse -
drivers

thanks! I was wondering how i can find otu which drivers to download? the toshiba website lists tons of driver downloads, and I wasnt sure which ones i should download. im using windows xp professional, how can i check which ones i should get?

- Collapse -
What is otu ?

Toshiba or your support staff need a plan. Let's see what HP noted at this link -> http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7587_102-0.html?threadID=271360#2699006

But first let me share I do not have the plan for your machine. If you opted out of using restore media for a machine this plan will be made by you for you for this machine.

I can't guess what your goal was to forgo the supplied OS but when you do that you or your support gets to make a plan.
Bob

- Collapse -
I always try the manufacturer's site for drivers first
- Collapse -
which driver?

how can i figure out which drivers my laptop has so that i can download it?

- Collapse -
I clicked on the Toshiba link.

When I selected Windows 7 it gave me one driver to fetch.

Seems there is only one driver required?
Bob

- Collapse -
new question

actually i have a new kind of thread question, i dont want to conserve forum posts.

after downloading windows xp professional i found i can access the files on the other part of my computer. The other part of the computer wasn't working, (not letting me log into my desktop. it kept kicking me off to the windows log in screen). this happened after i did a virus check and the antivirus deleted some windows files.

is there a way i can replace the windows files from my windows xp professional partitioned part of the computer and implant it into the corrupted windows part?

- Collapse -
Usually no.

Such repairs are only done by the most seasoned support staff. If there is a failing in Windows it is this. Few (or none?) automated tools that would repair the OS and leave the owners files unscathed.

This is why you read and hear so much about backup.
Bob

CNET Forums