Download.com Site Feedback forum

Question

Download application store stopped

by richardwexler / February 14, 2014 1:13 AM PST

Download application store program stops during intial start up?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Download application store stopped
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Download application store stopped
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Some questions
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / February 15, 2014 6:08 AM PST

Now that the OS and computer has been dragged out, here are a couple of more questions that having the answer to would be advantageous to those trying to answer your question.

1. What are you trying to download? (The exact name of the file}
2. Where are you trying to download it from? (The exact URL of the site)
3. Have you been able to download any other apps from the same site?
4. Have you been able to download any other apps from different sites?

P

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
CNET Application Download ManagerSoftware
by richardwexler / February 15, 2014 6:20 AM PST

CNET Download Manager for application updates from CNET .Com, After installation the software just stops with no errors. Un installed and clean out all registers. This software is offered by CNET.

Collapse -
I've alerted this so those that support it will redirect.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 15, 2014 6:30 AM PST

It's the weekend so give it a few days.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Hello
by CNETSupport / February 18, 2014 1:28 AM PST

We actually created a support ticket on your behalf for this issue on February 14, in response to the review you left for the app: http://download.cnet.com/Download-App/9241-18513_4-13593470.html?messageID=10942076

In light of the new information provided in your last forums post, we have updated that support ticket. Please check your email inbox for the corresponding message from us (it will be from support.cnet@cbsinteractive.com) and reply to that message directly. If you do not see an email from us, please check your spam or junk mail folders.

In future, you may contact our support team directly by filling out the form on the following page:

http://t.cnet.com/PS6r5c

You can reach this page, and our FAQ section, by clicking the "Download Help Center" link at the bottom of Download.com, or by clicking the "Visit Site" button within the Download App's Settings pane.

Regards,
Jen
Download.com Support

Collapse -
Download App does not work with 64-bit maybe?
by FireDocUSMC / February 22, 2014 4:25 AM PST
In reply to: Hello

Acer - Win7 64-bit, 6GB RAM - 1TB drive

Download App Store has stopped working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will clost the program and notify you IF a solution is available.

No other reason is given. I have all current updates to Win7, Norton Security, ran Registry Cleanup no errors.

I have uninstalled 1.6.1.131, installed 1.6.2.150 and same issue. I have other PC's running Download App just fine on Vista 32-bit, Win7 32-bit, and Windows XP 32-bit - All PC's run Norton Security all are up to date on all OS and installed Software.

So my guess is Download App is not compatible with 64 bit or is there another reason ?

Thank you for any solution or ideas

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?