I think you've got the wrong forum. This is for MS Office. Try the Vista or Computer Help forum.
But be sure to tell more details, such as
- what device you downloaded the driver for and why you didn't use the one that came with the printer or with Vista
- what printer
- where did you download from? What filename, how big (size in bytes)?
- what folder did you download it to? what exactly did you do after that?
- what more you did
- what do you mean with "files are zipped and extracted" (that are opposite things, a file can't be both at the same time)
- what do you mean with "gone and spread out". How can it be spread out if it's gone?
- what do the numbers and lettres read?
i was trying to get a driver so i can print it said this was the one so idownloaded it and now...i can do nothing...im on it now..but when i startup all my icons for desktop are gone and spread out all across my screen...when u got to desktop file location half of my desktop files are zipped and have been extracted...i can't locate any files because theay are all numbered and lettered instead of having an icon...can anybody help me...i tied to restore no good...i tried to unzip so far no good...i do not know what to do and i need my pc early monday morning...how do i unzip the files and restore my desktop icons to my screen and make it like it was....i have a acer 32 bit vista system brand new 3 months.... model aspire 5515...HELP