Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

*doubleclick* *atdmt* *serving-sys* *bs.serving-sys*

by junjie86 / April 16, 2010 8:49 PM PDT

Hi everyone,

Recently (the past 2 months), I have noticed a significant slowdown on the performance of my laptop. My laptop's processor is an intel core duo2 T7500 but sometimes when I open applications such as firefox, the CPU usage hits 100% and it becomes extremely laggy. Also there was another problem that when I single left click on my mouse, there will be random times where a single click results in a double click.

With all these problems, I decided to run a full system scan using McAfee which found nothing wrong with my system, and Ad-aware which found a win32 trojan and a few tracking cookies which were removed.

The odd thing was that, there were a few cookies called *doubleclick* which made me wonder if they have anything to do with the random doubleclicking i am experiencing. I know these are tracking cookies so they should not affect how the mouse responds to my clicking but its still kinda odd. However after removing the *doubleclick* cookies, my mouse still randomly doubleclicks as before. Any1 knows anything about this?

Another issue that I am facing is that the cookies i deleted keep coming back! their names are *atdmt*, *bs.serving-sys* and *serving-sys*. Even though i have specifically blocked these sites from tools > options > privacy > accept cookies from sites > acceptions in firefox, they still come back after I restart my system. Anyone knows the solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: *doubleclick* *atdmt* *serving-sys* *bs.serving-sys*
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: *doubleclick* *atdmt* *serving-sys* *bs.serving-sys*
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Such Tracking Cookies Will Continue To Return
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / April 17, 2010 5:59 AM PDT

If you block them correctly, such as listing them in the "Restricted" sites zone of Internet Explorer, or possibly adding them to your HOSTS file, or something similar, they should stay gone but I wouldn't worry too much about them.. Yes, they are tracking cookies but they're not causing the problem with your mouse double clicking.. I'd try a new mouse PLUS try following the steps in the link below to clean the junk out of your computer and speed things up a bit.

CleanUp Steps

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
VID voltage range
by junjie86 / April 17, 2010 7:01 AM PDT

Thank you Grif! Yeps i have given up on trying to remove those pesky cookies as they shouldnt be the root cause of my com's slowdowns and doubleclickings.

One thing i noticed on my laptop is that during com slowdowns and 100% cpu usage, the core VID voltage can drop to about 0.85V which is odd cos according to intel the VID voltage range of core duo T7500 is supposed to be at 1.075V - 1.250V. I guess when the voltage drops to 0.85V, the clock speed drops to about 400 MHz from the usual 2200 MHz when the voltage is at 1.250V. Is there any reason why the voltage will drop to 0.85V?

Collapse -
On doblelicking with mouse
by Darrell / April 17, 2010 9:05 AM PDT
In reply to: VID voltage range

I right click and then open [one click] I also use ccleaner from www.piriform.com. It does say somewhere where you can elect to single
click or double click. Also, under Internet Options, under the Advanced you can have all temporary files removed if you shut down under security. If you go to properties, there is delete all cookies, delete temporary internet files and I have set History from 20 days to 0 days. Also, you may need to clean out your fans. Darrell

Collapse -
Voltage Shouldn't Drop...
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / April 17, 2010 2:05 PM PDT
In reply to: VID voltage range

...and the usual cause is a failing power supply or other hardware short or failure.. The problem with a laptop is those items. excepting maybe a hard drive or possibly RAM can't be easily switched out to test..

It's your choice where to proceed from here.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Regarding Tracking Cookies....
by tobeach / April 18, 2010 2:57 PM PDT

Since you're using Firefox (I assume as your main browser) you can add "NoScript" freeware program to FF. This will allow you to block those cookies from each site individually. Also it will display (w/ click of icon)a list of every cookie script wanting to run where you can allow, allow temporarily for this visit or deny access always.
I believe this is the simplest & cheapest way to UP the security/privacy
on Mozilla browsing. I'd hate to go back to not having it!! Happy

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?