Windows Legacy OS forum

Question

Dosbox on XP

by Pathbook / May 4, 2012 1:45 AM PDT

After down load dosbox how do I use it to run a specific program that operates an engraving machne based on dos?
Pathbook

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dosbox on XP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dosbox on XP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
More may be required. For example.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 4, 2012 1:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Dosbox on XP

I had this question and the folk had no clue that the vinyl cutter had to be on COM1. They had someone set it up years ago and then moved to a new machine and thought all they needed was DOS (or dosbox.)

Since the new machine had the COM port at 2 they flailed away at this for months without telling anyone the details so no one guessed it was the COM port setting in the DOS app.

Luckily I heard about it and had a little knowledge that the com port mattered and they were able to make it work the next day.
Bob

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
dosbox
by Pathbook / May 4, 2012 1:55 AM PDT

How do I get the dos to run after down load so I can down load the program that operates my engraving machine?

Collapse -
Answer
What does the documentation say?
by Jimmy Greystone / May 4, 2012 1:56 AM PDT

What does the documentation day? Did you check the FAQ and manual pages on the DOSBox website? I'm assuming you know for certain that the program in question works with DOSBox of course.

Instead of running to us every time you run into a problem, it might be faster and easier for you to check things like the DOSBox website FAQ first. There's no telling when, or even if, you'll get an answer here, since I'd wager very few people even know what DOSBox is, let alone how to use it in even the most rudimentary fashion.

Collapse -
dosbox
by Pathbook / May 4, 2012 1:59 AM PDT

Thanks for help.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?