Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Donna----No Immunization for Opera in Spybot S&D

by Harv / August 22, 2004 11:31 PM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Donna----No Immunization for Opera in Spybot S&D
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Donna----No Immunization for Opera in Spybot S&D
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Donna- is on vacation, don't expect a quick reply
by LarryD / August 23, 2004 12:01 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: (NT) Donna- is on vacation, don't expect a quick reply
by Harv / August 23, 2004 7:27 AM PDT

Thanks for the "heads up", Larry. Happy

Collapse -
Harv
by Donna Buenaventura / August 29, 2004 4:25 PM PDT

Try searching using Windows Search utility for the filename opera6.ini then note the path and post it here.

Happy

Collapse -
Re: Harv
by Harv / August 29, 2004 9:40 PM PDT
In reply to: Harv

I found opera6.ini by using Advanced Search and located the file here:

C:/Program Files/Opera/profile

Collapse -
Harv. kindly try to do this:
by Donna Buenaventura / August 29, 2004 10:03 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Harv

Right-click opera6.ini that is located in C:/Program Files/Opera/profile then paste it in C:/Program Files/Opera then open SSD>Immunize to see if 'Permanent Opera immunity" for your Opera profile will now appear.

Collapse -
Re: Harv. kindly try to do this:
by Harv / August 30, 2004 7:47 AM PDT

Welcome back, Donna. Happy I performed the operation you outlined, but Spybot Opera Immunity indicates it blocks 45 plugins for version 7.0.3865, not 7.54 which is the version I have.

Collapse -
by Donna Buenaventura / August 30, 2004 5:02 PM PDT

Harv, over here it is also protecting that version 7.0.3865 and not the current version 7.54.3865. Could be SSD is not reading/detecting the correct version only. I think nothing to worry as long as the "immunity" for our Opera profile is enabled and appeared after moving the opera6.ini file to the program installation directory. Hopefully SSD author will release a PROGRAM update to fix some SSD bugs (DSO exploit, detection for the correct path of Opera profile or how opera was installed (all users or profile for each users) )

http://www.dozleng.com/images/operaimmunity.jpg

Collapse -
by Harv / August 30, 2004 8:14 PM PDT

Hope the programers at SSD get this Opera immunity thing corrected in the next version. Thanks for your help.

BTW, how did you copy your SSD setting onto your reply?
I've always wondered how it was done. Surely, it's not the usual Copy/Paste method, is it?

Collapse -
Harv, you're welcome.
by Donna Buenaventura / August 31, 2004 1:45 AM PDT

Yes, hopefully the SSD team will release a program update or new beta version that will fix the known bugs.

[quote]BTW, how did you copy your SSD setting onto your reply?
I've always wondered how it was done. Surely, it's not the usual Copy/Paste method, is it?[/quote]
Are you referring to the screenshot of the SSD setting?

Collapse -
Re: Harv, you're welcome.
by Harv / August 31, 2004 8:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Harv, you're welcome.

Yes, Donna. You posted your Opera Immunity setting in your reply. I tried to highlight the same screen shot setting on my pc, but could not Copy it to my post. :|?

Collapse -
Harv, you need to upload the image
by Donna Buenaventura / August 31, 2004 3:53 PM PDT

1. Most ISP provide free "Data Storage" or free personal space (they will give you log-in account to upload your datas (images, docs or any page). Check with your ISP if they offer this feature.
2. If you have your own domain name (site), you can host the image yourself by uploading the file (image or docs)
3. If your ISP does not provide the free personal space, you can use free image hosting service by Image Shack http://www.imageshack.us/
Simply upload the image to Image Shack, they will host it for free. Use the link that they'll provide to you to view the image or share it to public or friends.

Other free image hostings:
http://www.picgoo.com/
http://www.afreeimagehost.com/

Collapse -
Re: Harv, you need to upload the image
by Harv / August 31, 2004 5:27 PM PDT

Looks like I have quite an adventure waiting ahead of me. Grin
Thank you very much for supplying all the free hosting sites.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You're welcome again Harv :)
by Donna Buenaventura / September 1, 2004 12:17 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.