HolidayBuyer's Guide

Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Donna Maybe? My Last AAW SE Update (R215)....

by tobeach / January 27, 2008 3:33 PM PST

went in fine for desktop & shows R215 w/ no "# of days since". Mary brought her HP laptop home which still was showing R211. I transferred the R215 patch to USB and then put it in the laptop and copy & pasted from there to her AAW. All seemed well until I opened AAW & it was still showing R211 instead of R215 & WAS still showing the # of days since last update. Tried 2 times with same result.Even double checked the # of bites in properties and both were the same.

Likely since she didn't have R212/13/14 that it can't /wont accept R215?
Any other ideas?? Not critical since that machine basically only goes on net for updates. Thanks for any thoughts! Mostly curious! Sandy Grin

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Donna Maybe? My Last AAW SE Update (R215)....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Donna Maybe? My Last AAW SE Update (R215)....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sandy, R213 is flawed
by Donna Buenaventura / January 27, 2008 3:51 PM PST
http://www.lavasoft.com/support/securitycenter/blog/?p=176

The R215 should fix the issue on # of days but if Mary's Ad-aware SE is still showing the # of days, you can try:
1. Reboot the laptop or relaunch Ad-aware SE only
2. Re-download the definitions R215 from http://www.lavasoft.com/single/mirror_download.php?f=948DEWk12

Does her AAW is configured to keep old defs?
If so, try to uncheck that option before overwriting the old file.

Double-check the date of the defs.ref, see if she has the date it was released (Jan. 23, 2008)

Also make sure the checksum is the same as MD5 checksum for defs.ref is 6436ee4d5979f00fe6244e4cbdd1c7d8
Collapse -
All Those Suggestions R Great, Thanks! But....
by tobeach / January 27, 2008 4:36 PM PST
In reply to: Sandy, R213 is flawed

See what 3 years without a vacation can do to your brain....:
I had copy & pasted a AVG update file into the AAW Folder!! ConfusedShocked
OooooH! The embarrassment!! Sorry to have drawn you away from other...

I C&P'd my current file from desktop and pasted that into laptop
& everything's is as it should be (R215)! Thanks again for great suggestions & for keeping an eye out for these updates & IF you know who is our benefactor in this matter (keeping updates coming by back door)
please express our fervent thanks from the multitudes of legacy lovers!!
Love

Collapse -
(NT) Glad to know you figured it out :D
by Donna Buenaventura / January 27, 2008 4:51 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.