The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Done with this show.

by ajr65 / May 6, 2010 9:02 PM PDT

I have tired of Molly and Tom trashing Apple any chance it gets. It has become so transparent how biased this show has become, like a verbal product placement ad for Microsoft. How much do they (MS) pay you at Cnet to pimp for them? Call me a "Fanboy" or whatever.. (such a ******** term), but after using Windows for 18 years I now enjoy using products that WORK! I really miss the days of Veronica Belmont where the show was a lot less one sided. Tom and Molly have become to self important and you are NOT! get over yourselves. I am done with this show! Addios, been fun, CYA!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Done with this show.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Done with this show.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Do what you like. A little advice though:
by minimalist / May 6, 2010 11:29 PM PDT
In reply to: Done with this show.

You are going to have to develop a thicker skin or you are going to be slamming a lot of doors on a whole lot of valuable content out there. There will always be something, somewhere to offend you no matter where you go.

This Apple fanboy loves the show and appreciates hearing a different viewpoints on gear, not just the ones that reinforce my opinions. I disagree with Molly sometimes and yes she does have a lot of knee-jerk reactions when it comes to Apple stuff (many people do). But she still has lots to offer and I think is really worth listening to when it comes to technology. Not everyone in the world is going to agree with you on all topics.

Collapse -
I agree
by Nicholas Buenk / May 7, 2010 7:33 PM PDT

As another Apple fan. They often point out the things that actually negatively impact Apple fans more than anyone else.
But yeah didn't not like the mocking of the cupidtino site. That came off as mocking a community, not the corporation.

Collapse -
(NT) well put, ty :-)
by robstak / May 8, 2010 11:17 AM PDT
In reply to: I agree
Collapse -
No!! Don't go! We'll miss you too much! :(
by kwahhn / May 7, 2010 12:00 AM PDT

jk

Dry your tears with your iPad fanboi.

Collapse -
You lost me.
by Slikkster / May 7, 2010 12:50 AM PDT

You're saying Tom constantly slams Apple? Please...what show do you listen to? He's one of the bigger fanboys around, almost always willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Same for Tong.

Collapse -
(NT) Not enough DRM or net nutrality stories for you I guess.
by isting / May 7, 2010 2:40 AM PDT
Collapse -
Bias
by flybuoy / May 7, 2010 2:58 AM PDT

You don't have to be an Apple fanboy/girl to hear the anti-Apple bias lately. The snickers about the fanboy dating site seemed uncharacteristically mean. I fear with Tom gone, it will only get worse.

Collapse -
I'm curious...
by Slikkster / May 7, 2010 3:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Bias

Do you think Apple is in any way suffering over anyone's criticism of them? I have to give them credit: they have an army of vocal and financial supporters who have their back...all the way to the bank. Methinks they'll be just fine.

Collapse -
missing the point
by Alegoo92 / May 8, 2010 5:55 AM PDT
In reply to: I'm curious...

You're missing the point that it's just not apropos to belittle a group of technology enthusiasts on a podcast geared towards tech enthusiasts. This guy isn't that far off base with the whole tech bias that exists on the net lately.

Collapse -
wierd
by flybuoy / May 7, 2010 5:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Bias

I posted this original comment, but it is listed under flybuoy. My name should be under "etslee". Strange.

Collapse -
placement ad for MIcrosoft?
by kalel33-20416052469708587370302374692233 / May 7, 2010 4:54 AM PDT

Are we listening to the same podcast? They slam windows all the time. Most of the negative talk lately has come with the Ipad and the Iphone/Ipad OS. Have you heard one good thing that they say about Windows Mobile OS? They pretty much put Windows Mobile into a very weak niche market. If anything they probably like the Android system better, which most geeks that like to tinker would choose over the Iphone OS because of it's openness.

I hardly ever hear praise for MS, so I guess you won't miss the podcast because you weren't listening anyways.

Collapse -
it's all perspective...
by robstak / May 8, 2010 11:22 AM PDT

ppl hear what they want to, that's why i get so sick of these ppl and the hating. it's not you, it's him...

Collapse -
Done with this show.
by wizkids32 / May 7, 2010 7:30 AM PDT

OK but I don't think that Tom is bashing Apple and as for Molly she has worked for a publication and wrote for apple and she knows the inside of apple

Collapse -
Ok are you 5 years old?
by lovelaunch / May 8, 2010 1:04 AM PDT

What? Are we all 5 now? We have to show our disgust when someone talks bad or in this case fairly about a company/product you like? Listen to yourself, Apple is not a little defenseless girl. I love my iPod, I love my iMac, but I have no problem with people bashing Apple. You're being really silly, immature, and making people who use Apple products look bad.

Collapse -
Well Said
by PressAnyKey / May 8, 2010 9:35 PM PDT

I have yet to see a company that does not deserve criticism at times. My tech favorites are praised and bashed on a regular basis. Sometimes I agree and other times I disagree. I have even voiced my disagreement when I believe the criticism has been unfair.

@ajr65: It's a free country, you are more than welcome to go find "greener pastures" but in my humble opinion you have just done more to reinforce the the rapidly growing stereotype than anything Tom or Molly has done on the show.

Collapse -
(NT) fyi, there's only one 'd' in 'adios'
by robstak / May 8, 2010 11:39 AM PDT
Collapse -
OK
by mmmGuinness / May 10, 2010 7:51 AM PDT

bye!

Collapse -
I like apple products.....
by Magishine / May 14, 2010 2:42 AM PDT

...and I routinely agree with the apple negativity. Apple can make some good products, but a good bit of the negativity is deserved.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.