PC Hardware forum

General discussion

done with nvidia!

by justanothernoob / February 24, 2006 1:27 PM PST

yup thats right im done with it but im not really sure if i should be. See i have a pretty nice nvidia SLI rdy mobo and a EVGA 7800 gtx it justs i have never really been impressed with my graphics. Like most of the time when i play games i get this kind of graphic ripple on the screen or maybe alittle studdering and thats not even really playing games like fear witch has a kind of slow motion drag of the graphics with it and now im thinking i should have went with a ATI GPU. But if i did lets says buy a X1900XT CF and new PSU then a new ATI crossfire mobo in the future should i exspect better performance then what i have now or would it all be the same?

Thanks for the help,
Nick

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: done with nvidia!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: done with nvidia!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
more info on the system...
by nerdyboy1234 / February 24, 2006 2:43 PM PST
In reply to: done with nvidia!

dont blame the graphics card as it could be from other factors that you are experiencing these problems.

have u thought about overheating? or say a faulty graphics card which u couldve rma'd.

how about listing the specs on your computer?

and graphic ripple? what do u mean by this?

and u said that u would buy a new psu if u get an ati card? so i am assuming u know u already have a lack of power? now i may be wrong...

Collapse -
PC spec
by justanothernoob / February 24, 2006 4:44 PM PST

lol sorry i forgot

X2 4800
2 GBs of XMS ram
EVGA 7800 GTX 256 gpu
500Watt PSU
nvidia nforce4 SLI rdy MOBO
and 5 total fans

And about the psu no i think mine is fine im just going to get a new one for future needs.

about the ripple it kind of looks like a line where the graphics are all messed up like srambled idk. Altogether i know something has to be wrong cause a 500+ GPU card cant be this crappy.

Thanks again,
Nick

Collapse -
is the card overclocked?
by nerdyboy1234 / February 26, 2006 2:40 PM PST
In reply to: PC spec

what settings have u got on the games? maybe there set to high? have u tried turning down the settings? maybe try returning the card and getting another one? latest drivers?

ya, seems like it is the video card.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?