Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

DONE EDITING, my problem is with burning..

by don13ger / January 22, 2005 2:43 PM PST

i edit my videos through pinnacle 9 and it works fine.. but im having trouble burning it on a cd.. what software for burning can you recommend? nero6 aint doing the things for me..been successful only a couple of times, other than that, errors, errors,,errors

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DONE EDITING, my problem is with burning..
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DONE EDITING, my problem is with burning..
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) CDs or DVDs? What brand are you using?
by Kiddpeat / January 22, 2005 3:10 PM PST
Collapse -
What kind of errors?
by Art / January 22, 2005 4:09 PM PST

Have you tried burn to an image first?

Collapse -
VCDs
by timwerx / January 23, 2005 9:58 AM PST

I have yet to see a VCD anywhere as good as old video tape. I don't know why people bother (unless it's for slide shows). I would suggest going to DVD.

All I can offer is what's on my page below. It's what works for me.
http://www.timwerx.net/odds/pcfile.htm

Collapse -
DONE EDITING, my problem is with burning..
by don13ger / January 23, 2005 4:50 PM PST

it doesnt really say theres an error.. it just hangs up and stop transcoding.. what do i need to do with this?
writing audio cds and vcds, i got no problem, but its with writing dvds.. ive only been successful a couple of times.. im using the sony dru-540a dvd burner.. i think the problem is with nero 6.. what do i gotta do?

Collapse -
Try rebooting the machine just prior to starting the burn.
by Kiddpeat / January 24, 2005 1:40 AM PST

I've had problems at times when a video editor has been doing a lot of work and suddenly hangs. If I reboot prior to a major new operation, the problem is resolved. It may have something to do with not successfully releasing memory when a task is done.

Collapse -
A suggestion...
by Art / January 24, 2005 4:12 AM PST
http://www.ulead.com/download/trial.htm
Go here and download "dvd moviefactory" for a trial.

I don't know much about Nero 6, but does it have all the editing and encoding as well as burning? I have nero dvdexpress and all it does is burn because the encoding, image or dvd folder are created with other software/s. Good luck.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.