Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Don't you find it interesting ...

by Evie / November 2, 2004 10:11 PM PST

... that after four years of "Gore won the popular vote", Kerry is holding out to thwart a far more clear majority on the snowball's chance in hell that he can get Ohio?

Evie Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Don't you find it interesting ...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Don't you find it interesting ...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: Ahem Toni, is this what you mean???
by MKay / November 2, 2004 10:48 PM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) ???
by Evie / November 2, 2004 10:50 PM PST
Collapse -
Re: (NT) Re: Ahem Toni, is this what you mean???
by Josh K / November 2, 2004 10:53 PM PST

Evie's post reminds me of that picture of Manny Ramirez holding up a "Jeter is playing golf today; this is better" sign during the Red Sox victory parade.

Being a good sport isn't just about being a good loser; it's about being a good winner too.

It appears to have been a clean victory; at least we have that to be grateful for this time.

Collapse -
Oh take a chill pill Josh and quitcherwhining.
by Evie / November 2, 2004 11:01 PM PST

After months of listening to you smear Bush and belittle his intelligence (how gracious of you), there's nothing wrong with a little righteous celebration.

Guess we'll have to get out our Sore Loserman towels for you to cry into.

Collapse -
Re: Oh take a chill pill Josh and quitcherwhining.
by Josh K / November 2, 2004 11:09 PM PST

I don't think I've belittled his intelligence so much as merely pointed it out. All of the audio clips in that "Bush Brain Game" post yesterday were genuine. If the man doesn't know that Africa isn't a country, that's not my fault.

Enjoy your celebration and congratulations on your victory.

Collapse -
I guess you missed the 'Bush is smarter than Kerry' posts.
by Kiddpeat / November 3, 2004 12:04 AM PST

They pointed out that Bush has a higher IQ than Kerry. That's one more baseless charge that's bit the dust, unless you think Kerry operates at the brick level.

Collapse -
On the other hand Kerry...
by Edward ODaniel / November 3, 2004 1:34 AM PST

attributed his lower scores to probable drinking--why hasn't the media told us about Kerry's "drinking problem"? They never hesitated with Bush although Bush no longer drinks while Kerry still does. Devil

Collapse -
P.S.
by Evie / November 2, 2004 11:08 PM PST

I have no idea how you or MK construe this thread in any way, shape or form of gloating. I was pointing out the utter hypocrisy of the Democrats. They only opposed the electoral college when it gave Bush the win. If it had worked out to give Kerry the win this time, it's obvious we wouldn't have heard a peep out of the Democrats about Kerry being illegitimate (remember Bobby's whine about a 500K margin when every vote WASN'T counted -- most absentee ballots in states that aren't close never get counted) when Bush won the popular vote by millions.

About good winners and losers, how about a congratulations? LOL.

Collapse -
Re: P.S.
by Josh K / November 2, 2004 11:20 PM PST
In reply to: P.S.
Collapse -
Coming after your whining early on ...
by Evie / November 2, 2004 11:23 PM PST
In reply to: Re: P.S.

... when there were few posts that were nothing more gloating than when you posted "get out your brooms" recently, it falls kind of flat. But thanks anyway. I'm one happy voter today Grin

Collapse -
But I still posted it
by Josh K / November 2, 2004 11:42 PM PST

And when I posted "get out your brooms" I was talking about baseball, not the future of our country, for goodness sakes.

You're welcome.

Collapse -
Josh, an election is a contest ...
by Evie / November 2, 2004 11:48 PM PST
In reply to: But I still posted it

... just like sports contests. There are winners and losers and there is absolutely nothing wrong with a little celebration. If you can't take it, find a Democrat forum and join the pity party. This is truly petty.

Collapse -
Baseball is a game. This isn't.
by Josh K / November 2, 2004 11:57 PM PST

I think there's a difference.

Collapse -
Yeah ...
by Evie / November 3, 2004 12:04 AM PST

... that's why you have campaign rally's with all that cheering and such. I realize you are upset, but try to get a grip. None of the posts were more than expressions of celebration. For my part I'm not gloating although you are entitled to your perception. I'm expressing my happiness for the country that had the wisdom to re-elect a great President. Sorry if it offends you.

Collapse -
"Great President", are you kidding me?
by Rick S / November 3, 2004 12:36 AM PST
In reply to: Yeah ...

Adequate, competent, satisfactory maybe but I sure don't think Great.

Collapse -
Re: "Great President", are you kidding me?
by C1ay / November 3, 2004 1:12 AM PST
Adequate, competent, satisfactory maybe but I sure don't think Great.

I have to agree. I'm just glad we didn't end up with a despicable President...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to min
by Evie / November 3, 2004 3:33 AM PST
Collapse -
Perhaps more to the point Evie
by SteveGargini / November 3, 2004 4:36 AM PST
In reply to: Yeah ...

Bush is an honest President and keeps to his word.
Congrats on the win. Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I'm gloating, yuk yuk yuk!
by David Evans / November 3, 2004 2:52 AM PST
In reply to: P.S.
Collapse -
2000 was a clean victory to. The Dem lawyers muddied the
by Kiddpeat / November 2, 2004 11:10 PM PST

water, and the Dem PR machine did its best to cripple Bush. I'll be surprised if they don't try it again. Of course, with their buddy Dashle gone, maybe they'll rethink their strategy.

You think Teddy will spend four more years fillibustering judicial nominees?

Collapse -
It appears to have been a clean victory; at least we ...
by Edward ODaniel / November 3, 2004 1:31 AM PST
... have that to be grateful for this time.

Indeed, and by Kerry's concession rather than continuing to drag out the obvious and inevitable he has managed to do something good for his party.

He has managed to soften the well established view of Democrats as "sore losers" which hurt them this election but might not be so much on everyone's mind next time.

Collapse -
On this we agree
by Josh K / November 3, 2004 2:31 AM PST

I think he realized two things:

1. The yet-to-be-counted votes weren't going to turn things around for him.

2. Dragging it out for 11+ days would have been disastrous for the Democratic party.

He did the right thing, and Bush is doing the right thing by waiting until after Kerry concedes to deliver his victory speech.

Collapse -
Mary Kay
by MarciaB / November 2, 2004 11:09 PM PST

I read Toni's post, and my own understanding is that she, herself, planned to not do any gloating. The hopes for the remainder of the membership are likely just wishful thinking Wink

"Gloating," in and of itself, is not against the TOS.

You know that no matter who won this election, with all the HooRah going on about it just here in SE, there would be folks who celebrated, and folks who didn't. You can't just STOP the momentum of the rolling boulder - it must complete its course and wind down. And it will do so for the most part.

I'm sure that the same rules for "naughty or nice" will apply to the after-election threads and posts.

We will move on to something other than this election just like we did before (with an exception or two, I'm sure Happy )

Take care,
--Marcia "whose County voted Bush Happy but whose State didn't Sad "

Collapse -
I'm gloating and PROUD of it, yuk yuk yuk!
by David Evans / November 3, 2004 3:01 AM PST
In reply to: Mary Kay

We deserve one day, we've been relentlessly trashed every steenkin' day for FOUR YEARS. If the left can't handle that, that just makes it better and means they'll blow it again next time just like they did this time, lol.

DE

Collapse -
My sentiments exactly................
by Tony Holmes / November 3, 2004 6:13 AM PST

after seeing GW sucker punched so many times.He may have to be conciliatory but I don't. :=)

Collapse -
Re: My sentiments exactly................
by David Evans / November 3, 2004 6:17 AM PST

Same here. President Bush has good manners. I don't so screw 'em, lol.

oh, and

Yuk yuk yuk!

DE

Collapse -
I'm a little disappointed.
by James Denison / November 3, 2004 8:59 AM PST

I was hoping it would be a repeat of 2000 but with Bush still winning again, just so I could hear another 4 years of liberals bawling how Republicans STOLE the election from them, TWICE. If it was good the first time, it would have to be ecstasy the second. That was a GREAT time to be alive and watch them squirm and scream, fully believing in their own lies, lies which tormented them to no end. In a way, this 2004 vote now becomes anti-climatic to 2000.

Collapse -
It certainly is gloating, BUT...
by Edward ODaniel / November 3, 2004 1:24 AM PST

it is earned and it is in far better taste than the gloating "progressives" and other ultra Liberals were doing over casualties and the media's failure to report news in preference to creating "news".

Gloating over a Bush victory and Republican gains in Congress is gloating over something GOOD!

As the military personnel were saying, if Kerry had won they were afraid they would be yanked out and have to go back again and start over 5 or 10 years from now.

Now maybe some Supreme Court Justices can go ahead and retire without risking packing by activist judiciary who unconstitutionally legislate from the bench.

See how it just keeps getting better because of the news.

Another reason to gloat over the victory is it proves that most of voting America is not brain dead and can still not only think for themselves but see through fabrications and fictions of the far left media.

The body of the US is far more conservative than liberal which again is a GOOD THING.

We are PROUD of America's rejection of the values Kerry/Edwards and the DNC claimed were presented by Whoopi et al.

Collapse -
This again? ? ?
by Dan McC / November 3, 2004 2:35 AM PST

You harp on this yet have never produced one example of anyone gloating over casualties.

Put up or shut up.

Dan

Collapse -
You did and...
by Edward ODaniel / November 3, 2004 3:01 AM PST
In reply to: This again? ? ?

long ago you were called on it.

Truth is a bit painful for you I see.

You did shut up for a while at least.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!