Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Don't understand "resource" error alert??

by coxalexia / March 28, 2005 6:32 AM PST

I recently have been getting an error saying:

"Failed to load resource from resource file. Please check your Setup."

This happens everytime I am online lately, and automatically shuts down the website I am on.
I am rather computer illiterate, so the easiest answer would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Don't understand "resource" error alert??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Don't understand "resource" error alert??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
There appears to be
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 28, 2005 4:10 PM PST

a number of different reasons for this, caused by different applications.

Without knowing what applications/programs you use, it is difficult to help you.

Goto Google, and type in

Failed to load resource from resource file. Please check your Setup

and click Search. You will see the many different posts on this error.

Good luck

Collapse -
uummm no idea, yet, but
by nostatic / March 28, 2005 10:56 PM PST

new to this forum as of 3/28/05, alittle more info would help us get a picture of your situation, how recently is recently, were/is there other strange behaviour since then, OS, has anyone changed settings or install a prog. / app's recently(somethings could be related), will check back.

Collapse -
background info
by coxalexia / March 29, 2005 8:56 AM PST

Okay... the new progams that I have downloaded recently (as in the last three days):

Yahoo messenger
Infranview (to downsize photos)

I think that is it... I am using a lot lately, and it started when I posted a bunch of photos from the website on Sunday night (3/27)
Does this help any?
I uninstalled a program that came with yahoo messanger, literally called extras, and it hasn't done it to me again... but just in case it does... I thought I would get some info on the subject.
Thank you very much by the way.

Collapse -
good detective work
by nostatic / March 29, 2005 10:43 PM PST
In reply to: background info

your right on track helping us help you. I too have installed Irfanview (which is highly recommended as a freeware graghics editor)but have not used it yet. I have not been to or so can't offer any comments about those sites. You took the logical approach and uninstalled one of the last programs installed, then watched the behaviour *beautiful*. Here's my 2 cents, I would go to Yahoo's forum on "extras" if it exsist, or set a restore point...reinstall behaviour. If the same thing happends again, then you can go back to the date before the second installation. Hopefully someone else will have some more input for you.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?