General discussion

Don't try and pin THIS on Obama.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Don't try and pin THIS on Obama.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Don't try and pin THIS on Obama.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I waited ten minutes

and refreshed the page and couldn't get the story part of the link to open up (maybe it's a video???). All I got was the top banners to appear. In any event, those states mentioned seem to be the ones where private land drilling has been going on because of permits issued by Bush (it takes between 5-10 years to produce once drilling is permitted). Federal lands still are being held by BO with permits stalled.

- Collapse -
I just ried it. loaded in 2 seconds, no video
- Collapse -
All of the links

redirect back to Globe and Mail, but this time it worked just fine....go figger.

The last two paragraphs tell the whole story: >>>At the same time, President Barack Obama has sought to take credit for the current boom.

"Oil production is up. Natural gas is up," the President has said. "In the last year alone, we cut oil imports by one million barrels a day, .... today the United States of America is less dependent on foreign oil than at any time in the last two decades," he added, without mentioning that a grim and lingering economic downturn coupled with the boom in natural gas fracking are mainly responsible for oil import reductions.>>>>

The boom is, like I said, all going on because of Bush's permits on private lands. No Federal land has been issued permits (and those that were are stalled by BO). That said....I also have to wonder if this story hasn't been 'put out there' by the BO Administration as an excuse to deny the Keystone Pipeline as 'unneeded', forcing Canada to actually sell to the Chinese and keep those jobs and that oil from the USA because it doesn't fit into his 'green' agenda. If I'm right, this is global propaganda at a pretty high level.

- Collapse -
(NT) It says 2016-2025 which is 5-10 years from now
- Collapse -
Why would we give Obama credit for that?

he was into all the alternative energy solutions, not old school energy.

CNET Forums