Sony forum

General discussion

DON'T PURCHASE SONY TVs -- sony won't honor warranty

After 6 months of fighting with Sony to fix my IN WARRANTY 60" KDS-R60XBR2 (about $3600.00), three new Light Engines, four visits by an authorized repairman Sony's best effort was to offer to allow me to purchase a 52" as a replacement at about wholesale price. When Sony won't honor their warranty why should I give them more of my hard earned money. NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE OR EVEN RECOMMEND A SONY TV.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DON'T PURCHASE SONY TVs -- sony won't honor warranty
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DON'T PURCHASE SONY TVs -- sony won't honor warranty
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
KDL52XBR9 after only 28 days needs new LCD screen

In reply to: DON'T PURCHASE SONY TVs -- sony won't honor warranty

My kdl52XBR9 Serial No. 8113672 has been plugged in at my home since 05 Feb 2010, on 04 March 2010 the TV deleloped verticle lines of Green, Blue and Red covering the right Half of the screen. Sony gave me a contact number for a local tv repair, how ever the repair service stated a new LCD screen is the only fix, NO screens are available so my screen can't be fixxed until a new screen can be delivered.. This is supposed to be a "NEW" TV a failure of the LCD screen after 30 days use is a poor reflection Quality Control with in SONY products. I hope someone there in SONY is able to read and understand that I am without the Quality and not receiving the service I have come to expect from the Brand Name SONY.

Collapse -
UPDATE - SONY sending new TV in 2 Weeks hope it last

In reply to: KDL52XBR9 after only 28 days needs new LCD screen

So SONY contacted me and reviewed my situation and has agreed to send a new KDL52XBR9 to my home for in home swap. More to follow in 2 weeks, thats when it should be delivered.

Collapse -
You are lucky.

In reply to: UPDATE - SONY sending new TV in 2 Weeks hope it last

They wouldn't GIVE me a replacement as the warranty says explicitly--they only would allow me to purchase the KDL52XBR9 at $800 plus sales tax and frankly I don't feel a 52" is equivalent to a 60". Did they exchange for free?

Collapse -
KDL60NX800

In reply to: You are lucky.

Ha ha the Japanese, The design of the TV are really bad, The LCD panel and the front glass are completly miss assembly the glass are to far from the LCD panel and give angle view problem, 6 blacks pixels, line problem, thirty inside panel ha ha ha thirty inside panel and glass to Ha ha ha the Mexican. The analog tuner are lag conversion problem Hoops R&D if theres R&D department, the process for the 240Hz refresh are too slow so it 120Hz for me. I call Sony and they don't want help me to replace this TV. Sony lie on its products performance . ha if they said some engineer work on this tv, they ares ???
I give 2.5 of 5 for this TV if you pay 3000.00 CND

Collapse -
Reading these posts has me really concerned

I purchased a 50" Sony television on 01/26/08, to make a long story short as of 04/03/10 the Television requires an $800 repair making for all intents and purposes totalled.

Sony is Reviewing the case now after 2 calls of "Im Sorry theres nothing we can do" I really thought my case was VERY unusual, but I see now that might not be the case as the Customer service department
didnt seem that shocked by my story..........

Collapse -
?

I always trust Sony

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.