General discussion

Don't forget to support GSA

They're out with their cookies in the Kroger stores today. Moms are with them to help with their math (sigh). I've got a case of Do-Si-Dos and a case of Tagalongs so far but the doctor said to say no to Samoas.Sad Happy cookie shopping.Happy

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Don't forget to support GSA
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Don't forget to support GSA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
From experience years ago

when my daughter was in the Girl Scouts, I think they should change the name to Girls Scout Parents cookies.

- Collapse -
Love it!

I always try to get the girls to do the work and leave the moms out. I joke that the moms are doing this for themselves....to get their daughters out of their hair by getting them to camp.Happy Today when I paid for one of the cases, the girl took the money from my hand and put it in her metal cash box. It was exact change but I asked if it was the right amount. She looked at me and asked, "Well, how much did you give me?" I could only smile....so trusting and so naive...I have to feel warm and fuzzy about that but she's got a long way to go before entering the world of business.Wink

- Collapse -
In my case it wasn't the math so much...

as driving around to deliver the cookies. We didn't have the luxury of doing it from a supermarket.

- Collapse -
Most troops that you see

have also been door to door, or friend to friend, or parent's office to parent's office. The troop has to buy the cookies by the case so they use the street sales to get rid of those extra boxes. Some also do well enough to get extra boxes just for the street sales.

Dan

- Collapse -
Sorry, Steve; about cookied out here, because...

...my boss's daughter is a Girl Scout. I've been buying (and eating) the things since Valentine's Day - and I still have many a box yet to go... Wink

- Collapse -
Darned insiders!

There ought to be a law!Wink

- Collapse -
...and Target stores barred the Girl Scouts from...

...selling cookies in front of their stores. Wal-Mart invited the Girl Scouts to their stores and matched their income from their cookie sales as a donation to them... What a merchandising coup.

CNET Forums

Forum Info