Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Don't fear lack of Flu Vaccine..

by Rolway / October 26, 2004 7:00 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Don't fear lack of Flu Vaccine..
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Don't fear lack of Flu Vaccine..
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Don't fear lack of Flu Vaccine..
by gearup / October 26, 2004 7:41 AM PDT

Where I live,in southeastern NY, no one has the vaccine.
I am a hi-risk person and have so far been on two lines for a flu shot..but didnt get one. I spoke to a few people on line. Several of them admitted they never get a flu shot but...

The were convinced by the media that this year they had to get the shot. I have instructed my children that if I get the flu and am done in by it that they sue the local newspapers as they have created the panic.

Meanwhile all I can do is wash my hands and change some of my shopping habits and hope for the best!

Collapse -
Amen gearup..
by radean / October 26, 2004 8:52 AM PDT

I'm 60 years young, and have had 4 flu shots in my lifetime. And of course, I have had the flu on occasion, wished I were dead, but didn't happen.

Think this really shows the power of the media to scare people. Really! My first thought was "Oh No" what will we do? LOL. My wife is 65, so she is in a higher risk group, but her doctor said "We don't have any". Panic, panic...

But back to reality. I think it is irresponsible, almost criminal, to try to panic all of America about flu shots, just to get headlines in the media. A standard sales trick is to tell people they HAVE to have something, then tell them it is not available, except maybe at a higher price.
Makes me sick. And not with the flu.
And yes, I am aware of the possible need of the old, and very young, to get this shot.

Collapse -
Re: Don't fear lack of Flu Vaccine..
by Rolway / October 26, 2004 8:52 AM PDT

Yep, Same thing up here Gearup. People that never had a Flu Shot or even considered one, all seem to want one now. There is vaccine available, or was, but have to get it from your Doctor. Apparently the Hospitals have some and are releasing it only to the Doctors for their high risk Patients. All the Flu Clinics that normally run this time of year have been canceled.

I wish you the best in getting a shot soon. Lets hope its a mild year and if vaccine does become available, its for the right stain of Flu. Three yrs ago I got a Shot in Oct. and wound up in the Hosital for 5 days in Jan. with the Flu. Different strain went through so they said.

george

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?