General discussion

Does this mean Miley Cyrus will become Brittany Spears?

Maybe the old canard of staying together "for the kids" actually had some merit to it? As I recall it was the divorce of Brittany's parents that started her on the downward spiral she took.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20020968-10391698.html
Miley Cyrus' parents, Billy Ray and Tish Cryus, are calling it quits. The couple, who have been married for 17 years, filed for divorce Wednesday in Tennessee, citing irreconcilable differences, according to the People magazine.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Does this mean Miley Cyrus will become Brittany Spears?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Does this mean Miley Cyrus will become Brittany Spears?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Maybe...

But, it appears Miley was already cutting a harder edge to her music and appearance. She was defining being more hip and adult if you will. She also was throwing off the image of teen idolhood. This is common or seems the way to make in the big biz. All the suspected stages are bound to appear to rise and fall, rise again, maybe jail time, divorce, weird actions, car crashes. Of course, if nothing takes he life in the meantime, she'll be dragging herself in front of the public view. Some parents and/or those that maintain the virtues of proper childhood are trying to limit her exposure to youths as she already has. In other words, not to be the role model for our youths. But heck what do I know, I'm an old f**t. -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
I really don't care to waste time with this stuff

These tabloid pop tarts and a large part of the entertainment crowd are more like aliens from another planet. They don't live in our world but in an imaginary one. As well, marriage isn't a commitment. It's a hobby that lasts just long enough for the next change of interest. A pitiful bunch they are. Maybe they need government help too. Happy

- Collapse -
I call them

TV sweethearts and street tarts. Too often they start off as one, end up as the other, and only in one direction.

- Collapse -
No time for Celebs?

Whattaya, un-American?

- Collapse -
They just need more hugs

You do it...not me. Happy

- Collapse -
(NT) OK ... got my hazmat suit here somewhere ...

CNET Forums

Forum Info