Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Does Obama even know where Hawaii is ?

by Tony Holmes / November 15, 2011 5:21 AM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Does Obama even know where Hawaii is ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Does Obama even know where Hawaii is ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
And once again.....
by Josh K / November 15, 2011 5:41 AM PST

....a verbal slip is being compared with a guy who sat there trying to think of an answer to a question and fumbled over it for nearly a minute. Wait, that could be either Cain or Perry; maybe I should clarify....

Wink

Collapse -
(NT) But Cain wasn't BORN in Libya LOL
by TONI H / November 15, 2011 6:03 AM PST
In reply to: And once again.....
Collapse -
LOL!, "it's all verbal slips, really, honestly, must be..."
by James Denison / November 15, 2011 8:37 AM PST
In reply to: And once again.....

Maybe he just sees a lot of Asian faces there and thinks he's over by Honshu or Tawain when he's in Hawaii. If you grew up in some predominately black areas in America, could you be forgiven to believe you are somewhere in Africa? Oh gosh, the more I think about this, the funnier it gets..... HappyLaugh

Collapse -
Maybe Obama suffers from;
by James Denison / November 15, 2011 8:48 AM PST
Collapse -
Or...
by J. Vega / November 15, 2011 9:32 AM PST

Or lack of a Prompter.

Collapse -
I see FOX News is STILL in denial.
by JP Bill / November 15, 2011 11:48 AM PST

Mr. Obama also lists Hawaii as his birthplace,

Collapse -
Mr.?????
by TONI H / November 15, 2011 12:01 PM PST

You don't call him President Obama....and I got called on the carpet here for calling him BO. Maybe we DO agree on something after all....he isn't to be respected enough to give him the title.

Collapse -
RE: You don't call him President Obama
by JP Bill / November 15, 2011 12:22 PM PST
In reply to: Mr.?????
Collapse -
According to Obama now...
by James Denison / November 15, 2011 12:10 PM PST

...he was born someplace in Asia.

Collapse -
(NT) got a link?
by JP Bill / November 15, 2011 12:28 PM PST
Collapse -
someone already provided
by James Denison / November 15, 2011 2:36 PM PST
In reply to: got a link?

the rest is a process of reasoning. If you believe you were born in Hawaii and you believe that's in Asia, then you believe you were born in Asia. Now, was that so hard to deduce? Sometimes I really wonder....

Collapse -
So where do YOU believe he was born.
by JP Bill / November 15, 2011 7:25 PM PST

THAT'S what I wonder.

Collapse -
What matters
by TONI H / November 15, 2011 9:27 PM PST

is where does BO believe he was born? Stands to reason that if you are literally standing on your own 'turf', you would know what the name of it is, doncha think?

Collapse -
This is beyond hilarious
by Josh K / November 15, 2011 9:47 PM PST
In reply to: What matters

Herman Cain unable to recall what our position is re: Libya is excusable. Rick Perry unable to recall his own campaign proposals is excusable. But Obama saying "Asia" by accident isn't.

Pass the popcorn!

Collapse -
Hey, I'm glad
by James Denison / November 15, 2011 9:53 PM PST

you finally managed to lump them all together! That's improvement.

Collapse -
What is really beyond hillarious
by TONI H / November 15, 2011 11:09 PM PST

is that liberals call BO's (or any other liberal/left/Democrat) gaffes 'an accident' or 'slip of the tongue' but a conservative/right/Republican/Tea Party member's gaffes are 'inexcusable', 'a deal changer', 'racist', etc., etc.

For some reason, I keep picturing the televised podium speech that BO was preparing to give when the Presidential Seal attached to the podium fell to the floor........hope springs eternal.

Collapse -
Examples, please
by Josh K / November 15, 2011 11:37 PM PST

I'm curious to know what you consider an innocent gaffe that was called those things.

Collapse -
One comes to mind immediately
by TONI H / November 15, 2011 11:45 PM PST
In reply to: Examples, please

Michelle Bachmann....John Wayne

Collapse -
Agreed, that was silly
by Josh K / November 15, 2011 11:54 PM PST

It was unfortunate that it happened to involve a serial killer, but otherwise it wasn't any big deal. She's said MUCH dumber things than that. Wink

Collapse -
On second thought....
by Josh K / November 16, 2011 12:04 AM PST

....nobody ever said that was anything more significant than a gaffe. Nobody suggested she was celebrating the life of John Wayne Gacy, or that her comment was "inexcusable" or any of those other adjectives.

Collapse -
EXACTLY!
by Glenda. / November 19, 2011 2:48 AM PST

What I tried to get across to Josh, But he can't see it. Too bad

Collapse -
Please leave me out of your fantasy world, Glenda
by Josh K / November 20, 2011 9:39 PM PST
In reply to: EXACTLY!

I don't "see" it because it's only there in your and Toni's vivid imaginations.

And y'know, for someone who keeps saying she has a distaste for politics, you sure inject yourself into a lot of political threads. Just sayin'.....

Collapse -
A lot?
by Glenda. / November 21, 2011 3:04 AM PST

Josh I haven't even been here to make a lot of anything. I am not talking about politics, I am talking about the way people think, NOT just Democrats or Liberals but Republicans too. I don't know why you can't see that. Hint I am sick of politics because they are all the same, slam the side you don't agree with.

Collapse -
RE: if you are literally standing on your own 'turf
by JP Bill / November 15, 2011 10:10 PM PST
In reply to: What matters

IF it was me?...Doing all the frequent flying he does?...I wouldn't know where in **** I was.

James said

If you believe you were born in Hawaii and you believe that's in Asia, then you believe you were born in Asia.

Obama NEVER said he "believes Hawaii is in Asia".

Obama said "here in Asia" while he was in Hawaii.

He could have said "Here at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum"

He would been correct to say "here in the Pacific" then James would say Obama was born in the ocean and then I would have said that Sponge Bob Square Pants was Obamas father, since they both live in the Ocean. I'm going after James Job.

"Obama born in Asia" and "Hawaii is in Asia"...are just 2 more in the long list of the National Enquirer headlines that James writes.

Collapse -
wow, is this the best titfortat y'all could come up with ?
by grimgraphix / November 15, 2011 2:55 PM PST

Is the "I know you are but what am I?" intellectual level of discourse the best that modern conservative journalism can come up with right now ?

Collapse -
teacher! teacher!
by James Denison / November 15, 2011 9:38 PM PST

Josh started it! Mischief

Collapse -
(NT) LOL
by grimgraphix / November 16, 2011 3:23 AM PST
In reply to: teacher! teacher!
Collapse -
Re: Asia
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 15, 2011 10:06 PM PST

Both http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_Hawaii_in_Asia_or_North_America and http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_Hawaii_in_Asia_or_North_America say it's neither in Asia nor in America. It's in between.

Anybody saying it isn't Asia (with implying that it must be Americ, because American presidents must be naturally born Americans) apparently is mixing up geography (where is it located) and state politics (to what country does it belong).

It's like French Guyana. That's a department of France politically while being part of South-America geographically.
And Hawaii is a state of the USA (politically) while being part of Oceania geographically.
Nothing wrong with that.

Kees

Collapse -
It's not part of Asia
by James Denison / November 16, 2011 12:41 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Asia
Collapse -
BO's most insulting 'gaffe'
by TONI H / November 16, 2011 12:49 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?