TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Does anyone own Toshiba DLP 52HMX95? Please rate this for me

by johnhunter44 / February 4, 2006 10:11 PM PST

I saw this in HHgregg. It is the toshiba dlp cinema series 52HMX95 and had a good picture. Can anyone comment on its reliability? Any problems that anyone knows of? Have you read other links where it reports problems with these sets? Thanks for your input..

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Does anyone own Toshiba DLP 52HMX95? Please rate this for me
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Does anyone own Toshiba DLP 52HMX95? Please rate this for me
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
NO but I did see there 72HM195
by stewart norrie / February 5, 2006 5:34 AM PST

The most beautiful picture I have ever seen, and who cares about sitting to close I sat 4 ft. from the screen and thought I was in a I-MAX theater razor sharp wild color and super bright. The problem with the 60"sets is you are missing the movie theater experience and only a monster size screen will pull you into thje action but I guess I'am nuts good luck stewart

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Still trying for more info, Please help?
by johnhunter44 / February 6, 2006 4:55 AM PST
Collapse -
46hm95
by spyderbilt_2000 / February 8, 2006 1:06 AM PST

I have almost the same tv, and it is great. has a Game mode which gets rid of delay when using video games, that can be seen on some tvs. No reiablity issues at all, good picture, bulbs over a year old and still kicking butt. also has a low power setting for the light bulb, which still makes is plenty bright. THe only thing that sucks is that Digital calbe is the bare minium needed for this tv. HD looks amazing along with DVD's. Spent hunderds of hours looking at this was waht i picked so go for it.

Collapse -
MY TOSHIBA 72HM195 delivered tomorrow I will post review
by stewart norrie / February 8, 2006 6:39 AM PST

Havent got the total bill yet about $5900 complete with h.d.m.i cables, I got a peek at this beast so Iam buying blind The demo was hooked up with componit vidio cables I will be using h.d.m.i from my d.v.d. player and hi-def dish unit also The set was way way to bright and the color must have been turned all the way up and it still looked awsome.I know Iam paying a ton more money than if I had gotten a 60" set. But I think It will be worth it for that movie theater experience ha ha

Collapse -
DONT BUY THAT TINY 52" TOSHIBA YET
by stewart norrie / February 9, 2006 5:52 AM PST

jUST HAD MY NEW 72hm195 DELIVERED AND SET UP 4 HOURS AGO. $5400 AND CHANGE COMPLETE. Well after 8 months of looking for the most ultimate picture, This beauty has the best picture I have ever seen. And dont worry about having to set far away from the screen. My viewing distance is 8 ft. and THIS TOSHIBA REALLY GIVES YOU THAT MOVIE EXPERIENCE PERIOD GOOD LUCK TO YOU STEWART

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?