Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Does anyone like yogurt?

Do you like if plain, flavored, fruit on the bottom or mixed in?
What's your favorite Brand?
Here in New England, I like Columbo with fruit on the bottom. Sometimes Danon with mixed fruit.

My wife prefers Stonyfield plain and mixes in dried natural cerials with it for breakfast. My wife loves it!

I do not like the taste of plain yogurt unless I can mix in some fresh fruit and nut meats. (YUM!) :

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Does anyone like yogurt?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Does anyone like yogurt?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Dip

In reply to: Does anyone like yogurt?

I like using it for making dip with Lipton's onion soup mix, usually
half that and half sour cream. Helps give the dip more "bite", a sharper
taste.

Collapse -
(NT) i like dannons strawberry

Collapse -
I like dannons strawberry

In reply to: i like dannons strawberry

Mark, you probably feed Dannons yogurt to your snakes.
Now where did the strawberries go?? :

Collapse -
I love yogurt

any brand will doHappy What is real good is use plain yogurt on baked potatoes instead of sour cream, Yummy! Safeway makes one flavor that I love, it tastes just like like a fresh orange

Collapse -
Sure

Mostly Yoplait flavored varieties including their light flavors. I also like frozen yogurt as an alternative to ice cream.

Collapse -
Also.....

In reply to: Sure

Yogurt is an ingredient in some pudding I make.

1 Box Jello Brand Sugar Free Instant Pudding Mix
1 Cup Lowfat Yogurt
1 Cup Lowfat or Skim Milk
1 Scoop Whey Protein (Vanilla or Chocolate to go with pudding flavor)

The pudding mix calls for 2 cups of milk but I substitute 1 cup of yogurt for one of the milks. This yields about 2 cups of high protein, lowfat, sugar free dessert. Most everyone that tries it asks for the recipe.

Collapse -
I have eaten several baked goods...

In reply to: Also.....

... such as cakes that substituted yogurt for ingredients. The all came out exceptionally moist compared to the standard recipe. Happy

grim

Collapse -
Sometimes it's good on top of baked goods

In reply to: I have eaten several baked goods...

Stir on of those boxes of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, or another flavor, into a pint of yogurt and substitue it for cream cheese on a bagel. This also makes a good dip for veggie snacks. There's also some Ranch Dressing mixes you can use for this also.

Collapse -
A tip I saw on TV...

In reply to: Sometimes it's good on top of baked goods

... when making the cucumber gyro sauce, you take the plain low fat yogurt and spoon it into a fresh cheese cloth placed inside a strainer and over a collection cup or bowl. Give it an hour or so and excess liquid drains from the yogurt, giving you a thicker consistency for dips where you want to avoid a watery consistency. The resulting yogurt looks much more like smooth ricotta cheese than the original yogurt.

Good idea's C1ay, thanks.

grim

Collapse -
Sure

Clay, I forgot all about frozen. I was thing just plain old yogurt.
Thanks for reminding me.
I love it also,

-Kevin

Collapse -
Sure ?revisited

Clay, Missed the link before:

"Yoplait

Collapse -
I refuse to eat it

and it's become a family thing to taunt me about it. The thought of deliberately eating something with thousands of live skinny dipping bacteria in it is just not appealing. Friends have told me that frozen yogurt is as good as ice cream. I say "Good, give me the ice cream if it's just as good as frozen yogurt."

As a side note, I have taken to liking Christmas stollen which has some kinship to fruit cake...and I love fruit cake despite the jokes about it. The kind I get comes from Germany. The best stollen is supposed to come from Dresden....a city we mercilessly bombed in WWII I believe. Perhaps this stollen is more dangerous to the body than what was produced in Dresden during that time. Happy

Collapse -
Most food has millions of tiny creatures in

In reply to: I refuse to eat it

not to mention your kitchen and and we won't even talk about what lives in your bed.

I remember eating yogurt to lose weight and hated it. I remember eating a Strawberry one for lunch and discovered it tasted good. Been eating ever since. Had the same reaction to V-8.

Have to check out which one I eat now because a lot of it have high-fructose corn syrup in it. Didn't realize it until recently and was going through my food looking for it and found it in some and not in others even of the same brand. Weird.

I like the fruit-on-the-bottom best and like mixed berry. One thing is that I like strawberries and bananas but don't like strawberry-banana.

Diana

Collapse -
Oh, yes!

My favorite is plain ol' vanilla.

I buy the Kroger (a supermarket chain) low fat brand when it's on sale.

(But NEVER the fat free.)

I love frozen yogurt, as well. Again, vanilla.

And Kroger carries their own brand of that in low fat, too! Happy

A half gallon is cheaper than a half gallon of ice cream, and just as satisfying to me.

Years ago I bought a yogurt making kit. Threw it away unused when I moved over 35 years later. Happy

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Oh, yes!

In reply to: Oh, yes!

Angeline. I have a yougurt maker kit in my cellar.
R.I.P.
I would rather purchase it at a local supermarket.
Taste is about the same.

Back quite a few years ago I was the art director for an Ad Agency in Boston. We had the Columbo Yogurt account.
I suggested Tuti-Fruity as a new taste. Was successful for a while.
The hardest to make for them was chocolate.
I suggested putting in Hershey's Morsels.
Works with me. I still wonder why Columbo never made it?

Just remember where you got the recipe from: CNET SE Forum. It does taste good! Try it, you will like it!

I wonder what sardines and peanut butter would taste like with strawberrys and plain yogurt? :

Collapse -
Honestly? No... but I eat it anyway.

I actually enjoy it as an ingredient in many foods... I will replace sour cream with plain low fat yogurt and actually love the yogurt/cucumber/mint sauce that is used on Gyros.

It's odd, I love cheese (real cheese) and have eaten some of the runniest, smelliest stuff there is... but to me, yogurt is just spoiled milk without the chunks.

Same thing with cottage cheese though... a good dollop on top of 5 alarm chili is awesome... but I can't stand to eat it alone.

grim

Collapse -
Gyros

In reply to: Honestly? No... but I eat it anyway.

Grim, Yogurt is essential in a real Greek Gyro sandwich made with a lamb kabob.
Sounds good. You are lucky in order to have a restaurant serve it in your area.
Hard to find around where I live in the Boston area.
I guess I will have to make one for myself and try fresh cucumber/mint on it.

-Kevin

Collapse -
I really do not care much for the stuff, but

when it was suggested I eat 1 or 2 a day, that Yoplait flavored varieties wasn't too bad. I'll have to try your pudding one Clay. Sounds good.

George

Collapse -
I do.

Mixed fruit or raspberry. Brand doesn't matter.

Cindi

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.