Mac OS forum

General discussion

Does anyone else notice this?

When I am looking at my mail online, whether it is in my inbox or whether I open up an e-mail and it is long enough that there is the blue scroll bar, on the right hand side, that you use to scroll down the message or to see e-mails further down in your inbox, I grab the blue line and slide it down or up but there is always a second or two delay before it moves. I try to move the blue scroll bar and the mouse arrow on the screen goes down or up and then 1 to 2 seconds later, the blue scroll bar finally moves. This does not happen on any other website I go to. Does anyone else notice this and if so, what is up with that?

This is my configuration...

iMac 2.1 GHz PowerPC G5 with built in iSight

Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Safari Version 3.1.2 (4525.22)

1.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM of memory

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Does anyone else notice this?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Does anyone else notice this?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You don't mention,

In reply to: Does anyone else notice this?

where you are looking at your mail.

If as you say, this problem does not happen at any other website that you go to, it would tend to point a finger at that particular website, wherever it may be.

That piece of information is vital to your question, care to share?

P

Collapse -
On my home computer at home...

In reply to: You don't mention,

I am looking at my mail on my home computer at home.

Collapse -
What a silly answer!

In reply to: On my home computer at home...

Please go back and read my question and, if you feel it is relevant to the problem, kindly share where this problem is occurring.

Speaking of email problems, can you help me.
I am looking at my mail, on my work computer, at work and there is a delay in being able to scroll. This does not happen at other websites I visit.
Questions for you:
1. What is the problem
2. What email client am I using.
3. What is causing this problem.
4. What website am I looking at my mail on.

I look forward to your answers

P

Collapse -
Here are the answers to your questions...

In reply to: What a silly answer!

1) The problem is sluggish scrolling only when I am on me.com looking at my mail online at me.com

2) When I am looking at my mail online. I am using the servers of me.com since it it checking my mail on the internet. When I use my e-mail client Mac Mail on my computer, I do not have that problem. My e-mails are downloaded to Mac Mail on my computer and everything is fine. The problem only happens when I am using Apple's servers on me.com and I am connected to the internet, checking my e-mails online at me.com. Other websites, that are long, where a scroll bar is on the right, I do not have this problem. The pages load fine and scrolling is not sluggish.

3) I do not know what is causing the problem. That is the reason for my posting here. To find out the reason to the sluggish scrolling when I check my e-mail online at me.com. My guess is that the way Apple set up their website to check for e-mail online, that the site is demanding on the servers when viewing it, because way before me.com was set up. I used a friends internet connection to check my e-mail online at webmail.mac.com and the page took forever to load while other websites loaded much quicker (like Yahoo Mail). Apple puts a lot on their online email sites that seems to be demanding when you try to access them.

4) I am looking at at my mail on me.com. Apple's new service to check e-mail that replaces .Mac.

Collapse -
Someone else is experiencing what I am talking about...

In reply to: You don't mention,

Collapse -
Listing other people's experiences

In reply to: Someone else is experiencing what I am talking about...

isn't going to bring you answers.

If your Mac is having trouble with the scroll bar for a particular site, the site either has problems rendering over your connection or the site just has a problem. You also failed to specify what email client and service you are using, as Peter suggested. The link you have here mentions .Mac and MobileMe, but .Mac is no longer functional and MobileMe is brand new. If you are using MobileMe, I wouldn't be surprised if this problem was occurring. The service is still new and Apple ran into some problems last week while they were trying to bring it online.

I bet that if you provide us with some more helpful information, we can help you figure out where the problem is.

-BMF

Collapse -
Other people seem to have been experiencing similar problems

In reply to: Listing other people's experiences

That is why I posted that link here. Apple's old, online service for checking e-mail (webmail.mac.com) use to load slower then Yahoo Mail or Hotmail or Gmail. Now, 3 days after me.com has launced, sluggish scrolling is still a problem for some people, reading their e-mails online, using this service on Apple's website. I bet you, that one week from today, that problem will still exist. Apple seems to bloat their online service, which I think is the cause of this problem. It is not a lean, mean website that loads and reads quickly. It seems to be slow, sluggish and the sluggish scrolling is a pain. I hope that I am wrong and the the sluggish scrolling disappears, but I am doubtful.

Collapse -
So I still take it that

In reply to: Other people seem to have been experiencing similar problems

you are using Apple's service. Okay then. Now that you have confirmed that, I still say this: MobileMe got off to a rocky start last week. Obviously there are some kinks that need to be worked out. It still works for you, does it not?

Have you tried other browsers, or other machines? MobileMe works fine over here. Scrolling seems like a minor issue, and you suggest that the service still works fine for you. Let us know how it goes on.

-BMF

Collapse -
Check this out...

In reply to: So I still take it that

Yes, I am using Apple's service and it is working for me except for the sluggish scrolling issue, which is minor but annoying. I will try my other browser Firefox. I have the latest release, as I do for Safari (what I am using on Apple's services) because I thought that since it is Apple's services, it would work best on the latest release of Safari. As for trying other machines, I only have one home computer and it would not be practical for me to use a library's computer or travel to another person's house to try their machine. I will let you know how it goes using the latest release of Firefox.

P.S. I just tried me.com for my mail on Firefox and there is NO sluggish scrolling so I decided to try it again using Safari and the sluggish scrolling IS still there. Go figure, it works better on Firefox (the latest release) then the latest release of Safari (Version 3.1.2 (4525.22)). That is very strange, since it should work better on Apple's own browser. What do you make of this?

Collapse -
Two possibilities

In reply to: Check this out...

I think that either something down the line is not perfectly optimized for viewing me.com and its contents, or you have a problem with Safari itself. I am using Safari with no issues, so it is likely a problem with your copy of the browser.

You said that you are using Tiger. Apple recommends Leopard for use with MobileMe, and your iMac G5 is quite capable of running it, so I would give that a go if you haven't upgraded. My friend has a 1.6 or a 1.8Ghz G5, and he just put Leopard on it. Said it works fine. Of course that is a huge leap to make for the sake of scrolling. But you could consider that. I would doubt that your copy of Tiger is causing it. Reinstalling the system is out there too. You could just ignore it and use Firefox, which is not a bad alternative at all. Firefox 3 is great. Otherwise, you could try tweaking Safari's preferences. Check permissions, etc., but I don't think that'll help.

Good luck.

-BMF

Collapse -
Thank you for all your help and advice...

In reply to: Two possibilities

I think, for the scrolling issue, I will just use Firefox, since I already have it and it won't cost me a cent.

Collapse -
Glad to help

In reply to: Thank you for all your help and advice...

Hopefully the issue will cease to bother you in the future. Good luck.

-BMF

Collapse -
The other alternative is to use

In reply to: Thank you for all your help and advice...

the MAIL program and use it to get your mail.

I had to use the Server side today and note that the scroll issue is still there and has nothing to do with long emails or graphics in them.

P

Collapse -
It is good to see...

In reply to: The other alternative is to use

that you and the other person form Leovilletownsquare forums are experiencing the same delayed/sluggish scrolling problem that I am and that I am not going crazy. I never thought the scrolling problem was because of e-mails being long or because of the graphics in the e-mail, I thought it was because of the way Apple made the website me.com. Some websites are lean and mean and load fast, scroll fast, and respond quickly when you click on their links and some websites load more slowly, have delayed/sluggish scrolling issues and seem to be bloated. It is a shame that myself and some other people are experiencing the slow/sluggish/delayed scrolling issue when checking their e-mail online at me.com. I hope Apple addresses and fixes this issue but I am doubtful. Only time (and I hope it is a short time) will tell.

Collapse -
Other people seem to have been experiencing similar problems

In reply to: Listing other people's experiences

That is why I posted that link here. Apple's old, online service for checking e-mail (webmail.mac.com) use to load slower then Yahoo Mail or Hotmail or Gmail. Now, 3 days after me.com has launced, sluggish scrolling is still a problem for some people, reading their e-mails online, using this service on Apple's website. I bet you, that one week from today, that problem will still exist. Apple seems to bloat their online service, which I think is the cause of this problem. It is not a lean, mean website that loads and reads quickly. It seems to be slow, sluggish and the sluggish scrolling is a pain. I hope that I am wrong and the the sluggish scrolling disappears, but I am doubtful.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.