General discussion

Does Anybody Own: "AVerTV CaptureHD"?

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody here owns this card and if they do; would it would be possible for them to upload a sample of it recording from the composite input? As I can only find samples of this card's HD/Digital abilities.

I cannot even find a review or card comparison in regards to this card's analog capabilities... I am requiring a card to do both digital and analog.

Thanks heaps for any help Happy

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Does Anybody Own: "AVerTV CaptureHD"?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Does Anybody Own: "AVerTV CaptureHD"?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I've seen too much SD capture.

These are all ratty and worse. No capture card made will make it look any better.

I may be thinking you were hoping it would look better than your old cap cards?
Bob

- Collapse -
Cards vary in quality.

I'm not trying to make the image look "better". I just want a more accurate and lossless capture of the source.

- Collapse -
Since we are

We are digitizing analog so it will be an approximation. I've used hundreds of cards over the years and can share that I've seen more improvement by using good cables than any card quality. However this doesn't stop folk from looking for a better card.

About your lossless capture. The usual digitizer produces 27 megabytes per second of video data. That's why no one except some scientific instrument makers produce a raw video capture system. You won't be using a PC for this.

Hope this helps.
Bob

- Collapse -
If you are referring to the PCI cards,

Don't do it unless you have a very very very fast computer. I notice the spec. for the card is captures in mpeg2, and in HD, it means tons of info to capture and I just don't think the pci bus can handle it (just my take on this). Personally I like my hardware(capture card) to do the conversion in real time; that way, the computer doesn't have to do all those work, which means time and file space.

- Collapse -
I want my PC to do the encoding.

I don't want a card that compresses information. I want the most "raw"/lossless output that is possible. File size and computing power is not an issue. Also, won't recording through software give me much more versatility depending on the task at hand?

CNET Forums