I did a google search then was able to remember the remainder of the problem. During the HP All in One install, that worked before the XP re-install, there is a popup about Microsoft .NET Frameword and an unhandled exception. It won't go away and I don't know how to resolve it. I did not realize that it was related, but now think it is. I will try to unload and re-load but I really expect the same results.
I reinstalled Windows XP and on every start a window pops up trying configure DocumentViewer (no space between the two words). It keeps trying to gather information then demands that I install the DocumentViewer disk. I don't have any such thing and don't know how to stop this request. I cannot get rid of the thing and cannot even shut down the comptuer until I kill this thing with task manager.