Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Do you think...

by Willy / November 13, 2013 1:13 AM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Do you think...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Do you think...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Last weekend we saw an USPS truck going around on Sunday
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 13, 2013 1:23 AM PST
In reply to: Do you think...

It was a mystery that unraveled Monday and since FedEx, UPS do not deliver on that day, the gorilla that is Amazon grows again.

The USPS may be saved and yes, there was a business deal.
Bob

Collapse -
I don't care for it
by James Denison / November 13, 2013 1:44 AM PST
In reply to: Do you think...

Even more I think it's horrible the stores which keep encroaching on Thanksgiving Day with their Christmas Sales, such as Black Friday and Black Thursday Night or Midnight Madness. Give the employees a break, people can wait to shop a day. Maybe if labor groups, local governments, and supportive retail establishments would work get some holiday laws installed, similar to the old Blue Laws, retail workers might have a few rights to actually enjoy their holidays a bit more. I never go out on Black Friday anymore, not in years. I wish everyone would boycott those late Thursday and Midnight sales, but in today's world I think selfishness wins out over regard for the retail worker. Yeah, I know some benefit by double pay working on holidays, but their family time still suffers and not all of them are doing it by choice.

Collapse -
Well, it's no longer "Black Friday"
by Steven Haninger / November 13, 2013 3:01 AM PST
In reply to: I don't care for it

I'm seeing "Black November" so they've extended it for entire month. I was a bit irked this past week getting spam email about Veteran's Day sales. Really, folks...when was the last time you passed by a store that had a sign saying everything was at full retail price today? Wink

Collapse -
the furniture stores
by James Denison / November 13, 2013 3:23 AM PST

always show you what the "retail" price is, then the "special" price. Wink

Collapse -
A local car dealer...
by Willy / November 13, 2013 5:27 AM PST
In reply to: the furniture stores

Was pushing Veterans Day as a big ploy for car sales. i know other stores make a big deal about Veterans Day, too but if you're buying a car because of that well, that does make a huge sale possible. If veretans wait for such a day and seeing what other deals are offered along the course of the yr. there's really no big difference other than pushing for a certain group of people. Pssssstt...why not have day that we need your money sale, sure we'll give you the best price because you're a "customer". dang!!! salesspeople -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
The ads I always laughed at were the ones
by Steven Haninger / November 13, 2013 5:38 AM PST
In reply to: A local car dealer...

claiming to have an "Inventory Reduction Sale". How clever. Happy

Collapse -
Furniture
by mstrzelecc / July 22, 2016 4:17 AM PDT
In reply to: the furniture stores

When I need furniture, I usually search something interesting in web. Now, the internet shoppings are very common and available for all. In web, I can compare different prices product and choose the most cheap.

Post was last edited on July 22, 2016 4:24 AM PDT

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!