1 TB SATA hard drive
integrated ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card
VGA and HDMI monitor ports
two 5.25 inch bays
three 3.5 inch bays
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS
one DVDRW optical drive
300 watt PSU

I bought this on the spur of the moment because I thought I was getting a good deal at $500 with no tax and free shipping. However, no disks came with it.

So my question is "Do you think this really is a good deal or should I exchange it before the 30-day period expires for something with a better reputation for quality, reliability and customer service." Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Do you like Acer Aspire computers?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Do you like Acer Aspire computers?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It had my attention until I read ATI 3200.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 11, 2010 7:02 AM PST

That GPU is quite at the low end. The price is OK but I'd skip this one for any i3 powered machine and a better GPU.
Bob

Collapse -
by wlpncp / November 11, 2010 12:29 PM PST

What GPU do you recommend? I don't do gaming, just e-mails, net surfing, photo editing and slide shows. Is Acer a reliable brand?

Collapse -
Define reliable.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 11, 2010 6:55 PM PST
In reply to: reply

I've yet to see anything I'd call reliable. Just one mistake and the OS fails. Just one malware and it's failing.

This is not reliable.

Sorry but reliable is something I write about toasters and refrigerators, not computers.
Bob

Collapse -
by wlpncp / November 11, 2010 11:14 PM PST
In reply to: Define reliable.

I understand. You pay your money and take your chances. What GPU do you recommend?

Collapse -
I like this list.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 11, 2010 11:55 PM PST
In reply to: reply
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?