Question

Do online scanners scan memory?

I'm trying to find out if any of the online scanners scan the memory for malware. I went to the home pages of the top rated ones, but none of them said anything about a memory scan.
I'm trying to find out if the memory on both my computers are infected "as per an Avast scan" or are just definitions from another malware program. In this case MalwareBytes, as stated by the Avast help section.
I can't see spending 15 to 20 minutes per computer downloading definitions only to find that it doesn't scan the memory.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Do online scanners scan memory?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Do online scanners scan memory?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
From MEMORY (mine).

If I recall both Hitman Pro and Panda Cloud do this.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks Bob

I ran Hitman Pro 3 and while it didn't say,I think it did scan the memory judging from the way it preformed the scan. I may try Panda later.

- Collapse -
ESET Online Scanner

CNET Forums