Others may have different opinions on the programs you've listed but here are mine:
1. Generally, Nero Essentials is part of the OEM installation of Nero burning software installed as a "basic" burning tool by the manufacturer.. Although you may only use the "burning ROM" part of the program, I would leave the "Essentials" portion.. There may be dependencies there that you would miss.
2. NET Framework versions. If you don't use NET Framework programs, you don't need NET Framework.. Uninstalling it won't hurt anything unless you have such programs.. If that's the case, reinstall it.
3. Yep, leave Java installed.. (Actually, the most current version of Java 6 Update 12. You might want to uninstall your current one and install the newest which has some security updates.
4. If you use an iPOD, I recommend leave the Mobile Device Support. If you don't have and iPOD, then unininstall it.
5. Live Safety Scanner is usually installed when you run the free PC Safety Scan from Microsoft's Live One Care online site.. Yep, uninstall it, especially if you've got another onboard security program.
6. Visual C++ is probably needed on your computer.. A number of programs require its runtime components to function correctly.. Leave it there.
7. I'll guess that Readiris 7.5 was installed as part of printer or scanner software.. It converts various scanned documents into editable documents.. If you have a scanner, leave it there.
8. Assuming you have a Dell computer and IF you've got the Resource CD from Dell which provides the drivers for you computer, you don't need the "Dell Resource CD" installed on the computer.. It's your choice.. Placing the CD in the CD drive will bring up the same thing.
9, 10, 11, 12, & 15: These are all updates to the basic MSXML utility which allows various types of XML scripting functions to operate effective. I leave these installed on my computer.. As to you, do the research and see if such MSXML functions are used by you.. My guess, leave them installed.
13. AviSynth 2.5 is a video processing/editing program.. If you don't use it, uninstall it.
14. Intel(R) Extreme Graphics Driver .. This is probably your graphics/video driver.. If it is, DO NOT uninstall it.
Hope this helps.
Stripping my computer to the bone. Just bought a second PC so only using the first as an External Hard Drive. My tech smarts are VERY low so I'm either not sure what these Programs are or if I need them. Please let me know what you think. All of these are listed in my "Add or Remove Programs" folder:
1) Nero 7 Essentials. (558MB)
Only use Nero to burn avi, mp3, pdf, cbr, and cbz files on CD and DVD's. Do I need this program? On a seperate line I have Ahead Nero Burning ROM (29.39MB). Is that the same thing?
2) Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1. (186MB)
3) Java (TM) 6 Update 11 (90.49MB)
I use the p2p File Sharing Program "Shareaza 2.4.0". For some reason I think I need Java for it to function properly. Am I mistaken about this?
4) Apple Mobile Device Support (38.80MB)
I have iTunes which I'll continue to keep on the "stripped" 1st computer. Do I need this app? Does it have something to do with my iPod which I download music and video to?
5) Microsoft Live Safety Scanner (6.08MB)
6) Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (5.21MB)
7) Readiris 7.5 (3.32MB)
Dell ResourceCD (2.73MB)
9) MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430) (2.67MB)
10) MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181) (2.62MB)
11) MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB92797 (2.56MB)
12) MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB925672) (2.56MB)
13) AviSynth 2.5 (2.30MB)
14) Intel(R) Extreme Graphics Driver (2.04MB)
15) MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK (1.23MB)