General discussion

Do I have to use IE?

What are my options? IE can it be replaced with another? and if so , how do i uninstall the IE?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Do I have to use IE?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Do I have to use IE?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: Do I have to use IE?

You do not have to use IE. There are lots of other browsers out there (I prefer Opera myself). You can use any browser you want to on the web.
You should not try to uninstall IE. It is integrated into too many other parts of Windows OS.
Just don't open it and don't use it. It is not hurting anything being on your machine and not being used.

- Collapse -

pluse for windows update to work you need ie

- Collapse -
- Collapse -

i use both what i said you need ie to get windows updates

- Collapse -

Internet Explorer plays a major role in windows...I strongly DON'T recommend removing it. i see if you dont want to use it (Looks plain to me)... and i don't recommend mozilla...

- Collapse -

i find mozila fast and stable i use both ie 6 and mozilla

CNET Forums