Samsung forum

General discussion

Do all Samsung HDTVs have a buzzing sound issue?

I currently have the Samsung LCD LN32B640 32" and when I turn the volumn up high there is a very annoying buzzing sound coming from the TV. So I was going to return it for a Samsung Plasma tomorrow and I just researched the Samsung PN50B550 and the reviews say it also has a buzzing sound.

Is this a problem with all Samsung TVs both LCD and Plasma?

Melanie

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Do all Samsung HDTVs have a buzzing sound issue?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Do all Samsung HDTVs have a buzzing sound issue?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Let's try this.

In reply to: Do all Samsung HDTVs have a buzzing sound issue?

Let's say there is no sound coming from a source. On any machine, device, or amplifier when you crank it up you should get some buzz or other noise or sound.

This is not a bug or a design flaw. I think lessons in physics, electronics and a detour talking about the big bang would get you all the details why this happens.

Hope this helps,
Bob

Collapse -
Buzzing issues

Most plasma sets from all manufacturers will emit a faint buzzing noise from the set itself, that is their nature.

LCD sets tend to be much quieter. If the buzzing noise you hear gets louder the more you turn the volume up, the problem is in your source. If you are connected to a cable box with component cables, you most likely have a ground fault issue in that the cable line from the cable company either has a loose or no ground or is not grounded to your electrical meter ground.

Collapse -
Samsung PN50B860 Buzzing

I purchased a Samsung PN50B860 after reading about the Panny Plasma black level issues posted hear and rolled the dice with my Samsung purchase. Plugged it in and with the audio muted, I'm hearing the buzzing noise everyones talking about. I'm only using OTA feed now but wondering what I should do. I still have time to buy an extended warranty but don't know if it would cover this issue if Samsung claims its normal. I went into my local BB store and didn't hear any buzz on the same model I have and there's plenty of interference that should cause it to buzz and it was silent. Will the buzzing get louder? Why would one set buzz and another be completely silent?

Collapse -
Samsung PN50B860 Buzzing

In reply to: Samsung PN50B860 Buzzing

BAPAP1,

I would recommend, based on the posts here, that you exchange the unit if that's an option. There have been mixed responses with the repairs for this symptom, and I want you to be happy.

--HDTech

Collapse -
PN50C550 No Buzz

I found the 2010 model 50" 550 model at Best Buy for the same price as the best internet price and paid the $100 sales tax to insure against the infamous buzz. I thought BB would just drop the box off and let me set it up but they said they had to be sure we got a picture before they left. So I was very pleased as I would just return it right then if it buzzed. The HDMI output from the Directv box was faulty so it took a while and I actually forgot about the buzz issue. (I thought the old Rear Projection TV HDMI was bad) I used the AV hook up to confirm a picture and am using Componet cables until I resolve the HDMI issue - great picture with both. Hooked up the Blue Ray DVD and it knocked my socks off.

Last night the wife and I had to stick our heads behind the TV to hear a faint buzz. Her hearing is very good and we hear nothing from the front standing right next to it. The TV was on all day so it should have buzzed if it is going to. The TV is about 1 foot from the wall. If this changes for the worse I will report back.

The BB delivery/setup crew was worth the $100 sales tax and return policy.

Collapse -
i think they all do

just a simple google search returns all kinds of evidence that lots and lots of people are experiencing very abnormal buzzing from their incredibly expensive samsung tvs - lcd, plasma and led. we have an <2 year old 45" led 7 series and it buzzes like crazy. just looking at this blog post and the dozens if not hundreds of responses confirming the buzzing problem is incredibly disheartening. so middle finger to you, bob.
http://www.morgandavis.net/blog/2009/10/29/buzzing-about-samsung-led-tv-noise/

Collapse -
How I got rid of the Humming Noise on my Samsung Flat Screen

After playing with all the settings on the menu of my Samsung 42" TV, I still had the annoying humming noise.

So, I bought a Flat Screen Power Protector (two 2 AC outlets for AC surge protection and 1 pair coaxial connections for cable TV/satellite TV/HDTV surge protection) it cured the humming noise immediately.

I then connected the coaxial cable from the wall to the "In" post on the power protector and a second coaxial cable from the "out" post on the power protector to my HD cable box (or you can run it to your TV if you don't have a cable box).

The power protector I bought was made by Monster Power and can be bought at places like Walmart for about $20 or B&H on line for about $12.

Collapse -
samsung tv buzzing easy fix

One of the sound speakers on my samsung tv was always buzzing with certain sound frequencies. The speaker was not properly supported. I opened the case up and cut a pencil stub to support the speaker malfunctioning. I jammed it under the speaker,close to the screen on the side of the speaker, closed the case up and the sound is now perfect. No buzzing at all and sound quality is excellent! Easy fix.

Collapse -
get rid of buzzing noise

In reply to: samsung tv buzzing easy fix

The speaker with annoying vibration buzz had the most wires going to it of the 2 speakers on my tv. Both speakers have support for their narrow sides but not for their long sides. The pencil stub put under one long side gave it needed support and stopped the buzzing. This is definitely a design flaw Samsung could so easily fix. The speakers are great but improperly supported.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.