General discussion

DLP Twon't turn on, blinking green lamp light then shuts dow

50" DLP TV. When I turn on the TV I hear the chime as if the TV is going to turn on. I get the flashing green "Lamp" indicator on the power button on the TV which is normal. However the TV never comes on. No picture or sound. It just sits there flashing the green "Lamp" indicator for about 1.5 minutes. While this is happening I hear the fan running as normal and I can see that the Lamp is on by looking at the back of the TV. After about 1.5 minutes the lamp indicator stops flashing and then there are no indicators at all. After about another minute I hear the fan stop running, the LAMP goes off, I can see this by looking at the back of the TV, and the Red Standby light turns on. Basically the TV shuts down.

Can anybody give me any ideas on what to look for as I troubleshoot or what you think may be the issue. Here are my thoughts:

Doesn't look look the Lamp is the problem since it comes on ok as seen from the back of the TV.
Could it be the color wheel, not sure why this would cause no sound and if the TV detected a bad color wheel it should have indicated that with flashing lights as indicated in the manual.
Could it be part of the safety circuit?

I'd really appreciate any advice or tips anyone could give me.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: DLP Twon't turn on, blinking green lamp light then shuts dow
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: DLP Twon't turn on, blinking green lamp light then shuts dow
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
This worked for me might work for you

DLP TV I HAVE THE ANSWER ( it work for me)
by Will0403 / December 20, 2017 5:58 PM PST
In reply to: DLP Twon't turn on, blinking green lamp light then shuts dow
Well after going threw the same as everyone else blinking green light /**** down etc I found the answer to why . After replacing the lamp and ballast I found off the reason why blinking and shut down . I had the lamp in to tight mean I pushed the lamp in too far once I Loosen it up alitttle it put the door back on it worked.

- Collapse -
DLP TV I HAVE THE ANSWER ( it work for me)

Well after going threw the same as everyone else blinking green light /**** down etc I found the answer to why . After replacing the lamp and ballast I found off the reason why blinking and shut down . I had the lamp in to tight mean I pushed the lamp in too far once I Loosen it up alitttle it put the door back on it worked.

- Collapse -
My last post

Sorry about the grammar errors on my last post was so excited that I found my issue I have been work at this for months

CNET Forums