Samsung forum

General discussion

DLP green screen/frozen screen

by landon2424 / January 14, 2010 11:27 AM PST

Samsung HDTech,
Can you help me? I have a DLP HLR5667W that has had the same issues most all others have, with purple or green checkerboard dots or a green screen or a locked up screen. Sometimes it will show a previous image onto another channel as well. The chime will no longer work either. Sometimes it locks up so badly the remote nor the front power button won't work and you have to unplug it. I have posted to other threads but you never respond. Please read on...

DLP green, etc issues
by landon2424 - 1/5/10 7:23 PM In reply to: samsung dlp by Samsung_HD_Tech
Samsung HDTech,
Here is a response I posted Jan 1 to this same issue (thread: Samsung DLP HLR5067W Green screen then freezes up)that was directed to you for a response. Possibly you no longer monitor that thread, since it was fairly old. Will you look at this post below and respond, as it also pertains to this thread?

DLP HLR5667W green lines..digital board
by landon2424 - 1/1/10 11:12 AM In reply to: sounds like the digital board making the green lines. by jasonm1976
Samsung HDTech,
I've read a lot on the noted HomeTheaterShack forum link mentioned above, and if you will please look at that, there is a big problem with the Samsung DLPs that evidently is tied to the digital board.

I have glanced on Cnet and as of yet have not found the major thread regarding this problem, although this one is one of many separate threads with the same problem. I see that Samsung is finally helping out with the white dot issue, as it must be a popular problem also. Therefore, I am posting to this thread.
I have contacted Samsung several times and have several claim numbers discussing this problem, but so far they have just essentially told me to buzz off. Can you help? I understand the warranty, but spending $2000 on a tv to only last 2.5 years does not cut it. Especially when so many others are having the same problem.
Originally, a Samsung spokesperson told me they would fix the problem and had someone come pick it up. Now the repair shop called and said it would be $5oo to fix when I was told it would be taken care of. I refuse to pay that much for such a new tv and Samsung will do nothing, and now I also have a diagnostic bill to pay that Samsung created. All Samsung will say is they are sorry the agent took this action. I have loads of info to help clarify, if you will help me.
Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DLP green screen/frozen screen
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DLP green screen/frozen screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.