General discussion

dlna slow

Hi There,
i spent a lot of money buying a led 46b8000 tv plus the wireless adapter. I setup the network with no problem, but when i play a video it interrupts every 30 seconds to transfer the nets part of the movie to the tv and it takes 25 seconds to continue playing the movie. it is impossible to watch a movie in this conditions !!!!.
the movie is located in the second partition (E) of my tv. i have a wireless router netgear wpn824 v2 and a modem netgear dm111p.

any clue? pls

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: dlna slow
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: dlna slow
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
not sure if i get...

exactly where you've got your movie stored... i have a 40" 8000 series and have no partitioned drives other than my external drives... but it sounds to me like you may be playing the movie wirelessly? if this is the case and it is possible, i would connect with a LAN cable and see if there is a difference. you can also (on some new routers) set up "QoS" which gives priority to video streaming if set up correctly.

- Collapse -
Movie type

Is this an HD movie? Wireless links may not be fast enough for high bit-rate playback.

- Collapse -
dlna slow

the movie is not HD it is an avi file. Well the point is i spent 100 dollars in the wireless adapter and now cabling the tv will cost me more money.
regards,
max

- Collapse -
CAT5 cable costs

... in the UK - personally i would pay it to diagnose the problem.

i don't have a hidden agenda, just thought i would suggest a route to try and diagnose the problem... the choice is yours.

- Collapse -
Wi-Fi not fast enough for movies

This is what the manual for my model (B650) says in the section on Network Connection - Wireless:
"Samsung?s Wireless LAN adapter supports IEEE 802.11A, IEEE 802.11B, IEEE 802.11G, IEEE 802.11N. When you play DLNA video over IEEE 802.11B/G connection, the video may not be played smoothly."

You could either upgrade the router to 11N or run cable.

- Collapse -
my 2

And lets be real here, You dont even mention what kind machine you got stream your video, nor do you mention OS. And QOS has to have to QOS aware components to be effective and if the were, 95 % of routers make you specify either to the wan or lan, or my port. Seriously dude grab you some cat5 even cat6 if you want to spend a little more money and do it right Happy

- Collapse -
dlna slow

i have additional info.
NEW router: linksys wrt610n (setup 2.4 ghz mixed and 5ghz N)
Computer: core duo + 2 gb ram + 50gb free HDD.
TV: 46b8000
wireless adapter: latest samsung adapter for this tv.

Now, after a few test all movies run smoothly but only if there are not other movies in the sheared folder. If i watch a movie which is in the same share folder that another movie, it will stop after x minutes (random) and will start the next movie.
any clue?

CNET Forums

Forum Info