Samsung forum

General discussion

DLNA Servers for Samsung - TVersity and Mezzmo

by deansbennett / September 26, 2010 9:11 PM PDT

Hi,

For anyone interested in setting up DLNA servers with their Samsung LED TV's I thought I'd post the following to save others wasted time..

I initially looked at the free version of TVersity, the functionality seemed fine however for some reason (whether it be Samsung or TVersity) the Samsung TV does not detect the DLNA server. I tried absolutely everything from editing profile.xml pages etc..

However I looked a little more into DLNA servers and found a product called Mezzmo (http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/default.asp) by Conceiva. This is certified to work with Samsung unlike TVersity and did exactly that, my Samsung LED TV picked it up straight away. Some might say .. Samsung provide a DLNA server with the TV - I did look at this but it really has only basic functionality.

Mezzmo on the other hand can transcode on the fly for those videos that wont play and also has full media library functionality to organise your films, music and photos. I have found my trial version great and will purchase the full version.

My wife loves the fact that she can now find our thousands of photos with ease i.e. Brothers Wedding or pics of my daughter - before she had to work out the month of the photos being taken to find them on a normal Windows file system.

My opinion, dont waste time getting DLNA servers working with Samsung unless they truely support Samsung TVs - I had wasted so much time when all I had to do was install Mezzmo!

Dean Bennett
Samsung LED TV 7000 Series Owner

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DLNA Servers for Samsung - TVersity and Mezzmo
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DLNA Servers for Samsung - TVersity and Mezzmo
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
+1 for Mezzmo
by warrenbbs / September 27, 2010 7:25 AM PDT

I also use Mezzmo (running on a Windows Home Server box) with my UN46B7100. I used Twonky Server for a few months until they dropped the WHS version. Looked at Tversity and others, but Mezzmo was the best I could find. Nice GUI, smart playlists - essentially you can arrange your media pretty much how you want to, thumbnails for videos etc.

Collapse -
Mezzmo to stream video from from DirecTV HR20 to Samsung?
by ratheramused / November 21, 2011 4:52 PM PST

All -

I've got a new samsung 6000 series LED TV. It's great.

Wanted to not have to deal w/ another clunky DirecTV box and wanted to see if I could use Mezzmo to stream from the DirecTV HR20 box to the Samsung via Mezzmo.

Certainly Mezzmo sees the files on the HR20 DVR, but nothing seems to get these files to play on the TV. I think it's due to some codec from DirecTV.

Can someone please dumb this down for me.

Thanks

Collapse -
Contact the Mezzmo developers
by Andy Holman / November 22, 2011 8:16 AM PST

I don't know the answer but I do know that the Mezzmo developers (www.mezzmo.com) are very helpful and quick to respond. They have helped me several times with problem videos that would not stream to my Samsung TV.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?