Samsung forum

General discussion

DLNA etc

by LegoMyGeggo / December 24, 2008 6:13 AM PST

I just got the 52" 850 and was trying to connect my PC etc to it wirelessly. I'm trying to use an AP Client to connect to my wireless router since the router is in another room far removed from the TV. I've done the network check etc and everything is A-OK. I can even see the MAC addy of the TV on my network etc. However, when I use the PC Share Manager I can't seem to find the TV when I do the "Set Device Policy" Any ideas? Also, if AP Clients don't work, do generic USB Network cards work or am I stuck with waiting for the backordered infolink card? Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DLNA etc
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DLNA etc
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wireless...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 24, 2008 9:34 AM PST
In reply to: DLNA etc

The wireless capabilities for DNLA doesn't exist.

The wireless functionality is limited ONLY to the InfoLink (news, weather, stocks) feature. DNLA must be hardwired.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Hardwired?
by LegoMyGeggo / December 24, 2008 10:39 AM PST
In reply to: Wireless...

Sorry, I'm kind of confused by the DLNa must be hardwired, I thought I could use a PC as a DLNa server and have the TV access it that way. Could you please elaborate? I'm playing around with Twonky and the PC Share program and I can see the servers from my TV but cannot really access the files yet. Will keep you updated.

G

Collapse -
Clarification...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 28, 2008 3:50 PM PST
In reply to: Hardwired?

The InfoLink features (USA Today, news/weather/stocks) can be accessed wirelessly using the InfoLink stick. DLNA content must be hardwired.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Wireless
by real village idiot / December 30, 2008 2:18 AM PST
In reply to: Hardwired?

I was able to use an Airlink wirless AP succesfully for DNLA. I got it for $15 on sale at Frys. The TV has no way to know it's not hard-wired. I was afraid perhaps the througput would be too slow on wireless to watch videos, but at least the Divx files I tried all work fine.

It's a trade off between using the DLNA and not needing to copy files to a USB drive versus using the USB and getting to FF/REW. At least there are options...

Collapse -
No kidding!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 31, 2008 2:30 AM PST
In reply to: Wireless

Hey, that's good news.

Naturally, we don't support DLNA wirelessly, but you're free to share your expertise.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?