General discussion

DLNA

I have a 46B657 which is supposed to bee DLNA certified.
Why does it not work?? The only way to get "DLNA" to work is to use the Samsung software on my PC. I can't connect to any other DLNA-server.

If I run the SamyGo Extension ( http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/samygo/index.php?title=Main_Page ) I can map to any shared folder and everything works fine.
Why doesn't Samsungs DLNA work with any other DLNA-server??
Why didn't Samsung implement the SamyGo functionality in the first place??
Why do Samsung work against SamyGo and blocks the ability to run SamyGo in newer firwares?

Talk about not giving your users what they want...

//Jonas

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: DLNA
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: DLNA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
DLNA servers

My B650 works OK with Windows Media Player 11, Serviio, TVersity and Mediatomb (Linux). Other users have reported success with the popular TwonkyMedia.

None of the above work as well as SamyGO extensions.

I don't blame the company for sticking with one product. Supporting all DLNA servers would be a nightmare.

- Collapse -
DLNA

And I thougt that DLNA was a standard and that if you where certified then it should work with other DNLA certified stuff...

//Jonas

- Collapse -
You're right but.

You knew there was a catch. I'm finding that the networking issues to be a real downer or stumbling block to all this working. As Samsung doesn't make or support home networks folk are left to figure out their networks.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info