Resolved Question

DL360 G10 mouse & keyboard not working on install

Aug 1, 2019 5:21AM PDT

I have a new HP ProLiant DL360 G10. I am trying to load Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with Legacy BIOS (Yes, I know server 2008 is being discontinued at the end of the year and UEFI is the new standard). When I get to the Windows install the mouse and keyboard don’t work. The mouse and keyboard work fine if I go into BIOS settings so I know they are good. I am not using a KVM and I tried both front and back USP ports.

I did a search and it seems I need to include the mouse and keyboard drivers on the install DVD. Can someone point me to an article with the steps to do this?

I assume it’s not as easy as simply copy the driver to the DVD when I create the Windows 2008 DVD?

Obviously I am not a server guy but I need to get this going again. 

Post was last edited on August 1, 2019 6:12 AM PDT

Discussion is locked

RVAtech has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer
Follow
Reply to: DL360 G10 mouse & keyboard not working on install
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: DL360 G10 mouse & keyboard not working on install
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Windows Server does this.
Aug 1, 2019 7:42AM PDT

If the hardware isn't supported, it doesn't work so you change gear to get it to work. This will confound and confuse those new to Windows Server versions as it is very different from other Windows where you hunt down drivers.

This issue is and was covered in Windows Server training so I have to guess you have skipped training.

As to the copy the driver. No, it's not Windows 1.0 to 10. It's that different. Ask HP if they have a fix but usually it's just the wrong server hardware.

- Collapse -
HP said OS not supported on this hardware
Aug 1, 2019 12:29PM PDT

I called HP tech support. DL360 Gen 10 does NOT support Windows Server 2008.

Training? What's training? It's no fun if you already know what your doing.

- Collapse -
There's a round about way.
Aug 1, 2019 12:35PM PDT

Try a supported Linux from https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00008159enw then install Virtual Box to run your old Windows version inside Virtual Box. This way you are on a supported OS and still can run your old Windows.

Training are those classes and more on Windows Server. I know some don't want to take such but some have been free. You can really save yourself and your company a lot of time and money by taking at least the basic courses.

CNET Forums

Forum Info