General discussion

Divide by zero overflow error

My genealogy program, Ultimate Family Tree, is no longer supported. I had to get a new computer; the old one ran Win98, this one runs WinXP. I had backed up all my UFT files but I cannot get them out. When I try to get into the program it gives that "divide by zero overflow error". I have downloaded the Patch 26 which is supposed to fix this but I can't make it do anything, how do I get it to work? Thanks for your help, Pat

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Divide by zero overflow error
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Divide by zero overflow error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Actually I see they have a new version.
- Collapse -
Divide overload error in XP

Thanks for the response but it doesn't help! I'm too dumb to understand what he is talking about with the floppy disks--and I backed up the files using the UFT program, not Win98. Especially I would like to know how I could get this Patch 26 into my program...thanks again, Pat

- Collapse -
Then the link does not apply.

UTF does have new versions and does have a current support forum and phone lines to call in. Sometimes people refuse to use the maker's support but in this case I think it best to try them.

Bob

- Collapse -
Ultimate Family Tree program

Bob, could you send me the address or link of how I can get the new UFT? I would gladly buy the program if I could get my files back! Thanks--Pat

- Collapse -
Try this
- Collapse -
I downloaded Patch 26

but it does nothing! What do I have to do to make it work? Thanks--Pat

- Collapse -
(NT) Did you 'run' or 'execute' the patch after downloading ??

CNET Forums

Forum Info