Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

disturbing problems with my logitech wireless mouse

i have the logitech mx700 mouse, it has worked fine for a long time. i don't remember if i installed it with the logitech drivers or if i just plugged it up and let it go, but. a long time ago it would try to run the logitech mouseware program in the tray, and that annoyed me. also when it would run the scrolling was very choppy and it actually ran better without installing the mouse at all, and somehow i got it to use the forward/back buttons on the mouse and the mouse wheel just fine without the logitech drivers, they only messed it all up.

THE PROBLEM i'm having now. a few days ago i created a new user profile on my computer. i noticed the mouse accelerated very fast and it was out of control. i went to try and change it, but i didn't know what MY profile was set to, so i switched accounts to mine then back to the new one. they had the same settings but the new one was still way faster. i tried slowing it down and speeding it up to try and get it to work right. no luck

so then the EM-EXEC mouseware program always ran. when it's running my mouse buttons work right (like the forward/back browser buttons) but my mousewheel scrolling is HORRIBLE, when you scroll it it takes FOREVER, jumping about a line a second. so i ctrl+alt+del the damn thing. now the forward/back buttons don't work.

makin me mad. right now the program is disabled and not running. whenever i go to the mouse properties it runs till i ctrl alt del though.

BUT NOW when i scroll and i have windows media player running, the sound pops, skips, and makes funny noises till i stop scrolling. it also seems like it's freezing my whole computer up when i do it.

*** IS GOIN ON WITH MY MOUSE HERE

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: disturbing problems with my logitech wireless mouse
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: disturbing problems with my logitech wireless mouse
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Things about mice

In reply to: disturbing problems with my logitech wireless mouse

1) Control Panel > Printers and other hardware > mouse
2) TweakUi > Mouse
3) Logitech > mw9791enu.exe. SIMPLE mouse program, works with all mice.

Collapse -
meh

In reply to: Things about mice

i don't want some mouse program to run and manage my mouse with. i want it to run the browser buttons and mousewheel right without running any program, like it has ben since i installed the mouse a year ago. it was only till i created this new profile that it all got screwed up.

Collapse -
No Expert. Is IT Possible for You to Explore C: and Find....

In reply to: meh

Old Profile File then copy + paste it where the New Profile resides (replacing new one)?
Would a system restore to before this began help?
In passing most current Logitech drivers now include Backweb foistware. Search of Files & Folders will find only 4 of the 57 found & removed by Spybot Search & Destroy 1.4. Backweb is capable of ''upgrading'' (LOL) their software(&spyware) without your knowledge or specific permission. possible source of behavioral problems. Spyware often affects mouse behavior. Free & available here:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/index.html
I would try sys restore first. Then Spybot. Then I try adjusting the mouse sampling rate & the scroll rate up to 2 or 3 lines instead of one.
Personally, I'm not wireless but when I have mouse problems (XP Pro) I occasionally completely un-install mouse drivers from hardware manager, shutdown,unplug mouse, reboot,plug in mouse, & hard re-boot from buttons on front of computer. This brings up MS Plug & Play which ''discovers'' my ''NEW'' hardware (mouse) and re-installs MS drivers. If your using "secondary" drivers, Hdwe Mgr also has a "roll back drivers" button which will re-instal previous drivers.
Since XP is designed to be compatible w/ wireless I suspect it has such drivers built in. Possibly you may need to un-install Logitechs which might over-ride MS's?
As I said, I know little of wireless but maybe something above will stick. Good Luck! Happy

Collapse -
battery and driver

In reply to: disturbing problems with my logitech wireless mouse

try:
1. new battery
2. remove driver, reinstall driver

Collapse -
Eh, been a while

In reply to: battery and driver

Kinda forgot about this post. But anyway, just to let you know the mouse just started workin better one day. The forward/back buttons work, it scrolls right, and the speed is right, all without running the EM_EXEC program. So my logitech mouse is running just fine without any logitech drivers, like all my logitech mice have done.... even when enraged nerds tell me it's impossible.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Good News! Thanks for the update.

In reply to: Eh, been a while

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.