Samsung forum

General discussion

Dissapointed

by iVersatile / January 28, 2009 4:07 AM PST

Well i posted a thread about a week ago regarding my issue with two flashlight's coming through the top two corners of my television set. HD Tech helped me out a bunch on with what to do and such and how to set up a service request, i did that and set an appointment for my set to be looked at.

fast forward: The tech came in today and looked at the set while it was displaying a completely black picture, and all he told me was "This is pretty normal for LCD's, I'm sorry but there is nothing that i can do for you" I insisted on telling him if he could at least replace my panel and he said "the flashlighting and clouding will just come right back" I was furious at this point, i cannot deal with this issue. It's not like it's not noticeable it's very noticeable even during normal viewing. And all he said was "I'm sorry this is normal, the older models were much worse, Samsung knows this is an issue" and that he doesn't know why they keep replacing panels.

Is there anything i can do? i love this set but this issue is bothering me. I even cranked the backlight to 10 and he would not budge on at the least replacing my panel.

HD Tech do you have any suggestions? should i call Samsung again?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dissapointed
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dissapointed
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Called again.
by iVersatile / January 28, 2009 5:31 AM PST
In reply to: Dissapointed

I called 800-SAMSUNG and explained to them what had happened and the guy i spoke to told me that if the service tech who came to look at my set was unwilling to fix the problem that there is not much that he can do, that i might have to stay with the set. He than told me he would send my call to the higher ups and before i could even speak to anyone i was disconnected. I am starting to get a little upset right now.

Collapse -
hope...
by Toodles69 / January 28, 2009 5:57 AM PST
In reply to: Called again.

Hmm; as my flashlights are pretty "weak" compared to others, I think I am safer just keeping the darn thing...
There's a guy (USER ID: "TV idiot") at AVS forum who went through like 4 Samsung 46"5 550 TVs , and he STILL doesn't have a good set; The last pic he posted looked 5x times worse than what I have...

I sure hope what happened to him won;t happen to you; That must be frustrating.

Collapse -
Call them
by iVersatile / January 28, 2009 6:29 AM PST
In reply to: hope...

You should call them up, i mean...if it's bothersome during normal viewing than honestly, it's a problem that should be fixed. I'm calling back tomorrow and if i don't get any help i'm going to ask for a refund or an upgrade (i know i probably won't get one though) at this point anythings worth a try.

You shouldn't have to settle for flashlight-ing or clouding on a TV you paid good money for, It should work like it's supposed to right out of the box. So, call them up you might have better luck than i did. I have been a loyal Samsung customer for as long as i can remember, but this just feels like a low blow from them.

Collapse -
I agree
by Toodles69 / January 28, 2009 11:55 AM PST
In reply to: Call them

I agree, man. one should NOT have a TV with bad flashlights.
what i mean is though: there doesn't seem to be LCDs (at least not 550 series) with ZERO flashlights; Mine is pretty darn close to zero in normal viewing;
what If i exchange it, get a new panel, and it's WORSE? and keep getting WORSE ones, like TVidiot at AVS forums?

That's what worries me. Not that I think one has to "settle" for flashlights...
I still might do it, just for the principal of it, but I will think more about it.
G'luck and keep us updated.

Collapse -
Hmm
by iVersatile / January 28, 2009 8:56 PM PST
In reply to: I agree

I paid a post over at the AVS Forums and USER: Tvidiot was very helpful and informative. Maybe he is just unlucky?

Collapse -
typo
by iVersatile / January 28, 2009 8:57 PM PST
In reply to: Hmm

I *made* a post

Collapse -
Why that doesn't surprise me
by ParachuteMender / January 28, 2009 3:22 PM PST
In reply to: hope...

Well, let me ask you this...Do you think he is telling the truth?
A guy (USER ID: "TV idiot") at AVS forum made the news in the Samsung Forum of Cnet today and not for the right reasons, either. ...
He went through like 4 Samsung 46"5 550 TVs , and he STILL doesn't have a good set; The last pic he posted looked 5x times worse than what you have. Is that correct?

Apparently some prefer spin to the truth. ..... Let me take a crack at it:
Here we have Samsung_HD_Techs. Over there at AVS Forums they have USER "TV idiot" who went through like 4 Samsung 46"5 550 TVs , and he STILL doesn't have a good set... [The truth] is over there (unless you own a KURO) they try to rip everyone down and make fools of everybody but they don't have any answers. What spews is a stream of insult and envy one expects from the schoolyard bullys. As far as they're concerned, you can't think for yourselves and that's the way they want it.

The time to accept responsibility has come and gone, its time now for (USER ID: "TV idiot") to embrace his username. Stop and think about it, you don't have to be incredibly intelligent nor does it take over 4 "FOUR" Samsung 46"5 550 TVs to know somethings hinky unless its not the tv after all.

If (USER ID: "TV idiot") at AVS Forum has gone through over "FOUR" 4 Samsung 46"5 550 TVs and he or she (or others at AVS Forum for that matter) is/are still not happy with Samsung products how many Microsoft Xbox 360's do you think they have gone through considering some insiders Report: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Was as High as 68%.

Collapse -
Why would I lie?
by Tvidiot / January 28, 2009 9:33 PM PST

Ok ParachuteMender, let me take a crack at you. You have no idea of what I've been through nor do you have any clue of what you're talking about. You can babble on and stoop to a preschool level of saying crap about my usename or you can shut up and educate yourself on the situation.

I have gone through 3 46" 550 sets. All of them C panels, all of them with screen uniformity issues. There are no service centers in my area so I get sent replacements. Thats it. Nothing "hinky" , no " ripping down" or "making a fool" of anyone.

"The time to accept responsibility has come and gone, its time now for (USER ID: "TV idiot") to embrace his username. Stop and think about it, you don't have to be incredibly intelligent nor does it take over 4 "FOUR" Samsung 46"5 550 TVs to know somethings hinky unless its not the tv after all."

Ok , if its not the TV what is it? Have you seen the sets I've had? No. Do you know any thing about me other than a tongue in cheek username I chose? No. I have simply posted my experience and try to help other people having the same issues.

So think what you want. Post what you want. Your're not helping anyone.

Collapse -
suggestion of username for Parachutemaker
by Toodles69 / January 28, 2009 10:42 PM PST
In reply to: Why would I lie?

I suggest a name change, seriously; If your TV is ok, or you chose to live with one that's not Ok, but doesn't have the need/courage to accept it and try to do something about it, just keep off this thread, 'cause you have nothing to contribute; Just let the others discuss it and find a solution.
I highly doubt TVidiot, me and others here are hallucinating!

Message was edited by: admin, please see reply for to this for an explanation. Thx! -Lee

Collapse -
Nicely said
by iVersatile / January 28, 2009 11:07 PM PST

I agree with what you said. Why would we lie about something such as this? We just want to enjoy our TV's the way we are meant to without all these problems getting in the way.

Tvidiot i called the number this morning and the person i spoke to was very helpful, much more nicer than the person i spoke to before in tier 1. She set me up with another appointment.

Let's see what happens in Round 2.

Collapse -
Let's keep the conversation civil...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / January 29, 2009 3:02 AM PST

Toodles69, I edited your post for the little swipe at Parachutemaker.

Please continue on, but please be nice guys!

Thanks!
-Lee Koo
CNET Community

Collapse -
Tvidiot & sidekicks Toodles69 and iVers..
by ParachuteMender / January 29, 2009 3:40 AM PST
In reply to: Why would I lie?

User Tvidiot, After reading your posts along with your buddies iVersatile and Toodles69 from AVS its transparent Samsungs not the problem.

Tell Us All here in the Samsung forum User Tvidiot, where have you been all this time Twiddling your thumbs in AVS Forum with Toodles69 and iVersatile.

According to you... You never posted on this forum and just signed up hours ago only to respond to a post you knew nothing about because you never came here before and you say that the Samsung_HD_Techs on this Forum and Samsung as a whole is crap. Isnt that what you said in pretty much all your posts in AVS Forum about Samsung. Before you dig yourself into a bigger hole(as the saying goes), I've read your posts at AVS and the insults your buddies Toodles69 and iVersatile spew about Samsung at AVS Forums. like I said in my post [The truth] is over there (unless you own a KURO) they try to rip everyone down and make fools of everybody but they don't have any answers. What spews is a stream of insult and envy one expects from the schoolyard bullys. As far as they're concerned, you can't think for yourselves and that's the way they want it.

What all three of you probably still don't comprehend is I kew more than what I was Letting On and actually theres more I know. Lets start with the real usernames of you three.

Message was edited by: admin to remove personal swipe.

Collapse -
One warning only, if you all cannot keep this discussion...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / January 29, 2009 3:56 AM PST

civil, take it else where. Keep the little swipes at each other out. I will not be posting antoher warning again.

-Lee

Collapse -
Uhh...
by iVersatile / January 29, 2009 4:35 AM PST

I made this thread because of what happened to me with my service request. I mainly made it so that i could get a reply from HD Tech so that he could help me or guide me on what to do next. I later found out after making the thread that he wasn't going to be here until Monday.

I never spoke to Tvidiot before yesterday. I have always been a fan of the AVS Forums because it's informative, I just started posting there about three months ago. He gave me advice on what to do next, that is all, Nothing more, nothing less. I don't understand what you mean by "I kew more than what I was Letting On and actually theres more I know. Lets start with the real usernames of you three."

Let's keep this thread clean please.

Collapse -
Too funny!
by Tvidiot / January 29, 2009 5:28 AM PST

What does where I've been have to do with anything? What exactly are you babbling about? What solutions are you going to offer us? Whats the answer since you seem to know soooooooo much? Come on! What happened to you over at the AVS forums huh? Were you banned? Yeah thats probably it. I can see why.

Collapse -
Sorry guys I'm locking this thread...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / January 29, 2009 8:29 AM PST
In reply to: Dissapointed

I don't think this discussion is going to continue down a clean path, as it has already strayed off topic from the original post. Let's move on and hopefully we can find a healthy solution for the issue at hand and not make another thread about who is who, or who's telling the truth or not, and what's being said and done in another forum.

These community forum is all about helping each other out and if that's not your intention, please take it else where.

Thanks!
-Lee

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?