PC Hardware forum

General discussion

display screen is turned 90 degrees - help

by chrisusvi1 / December 3, 2008 2:43 AM PST

I have a Lenovo MT-M9384-D5U CPU and a IBM ThinkVision flat screen monitor. The most bizarre thing is occuring on the computer. The monitor is displaying everything at a 90 degree counter clockwise angle! I restarted the machine and the Windows XP startup screen displayed correctly, but when I got to my login screen, it is twisted to the 90 degree angle. I've never seen that before.
Someone have a solution for this?


Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: display screen is turned 90 degrees - help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: display screen is turned 90 degrees - help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
try the usual.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2008 3:33 AM PST

Press control + alt + up arrow.

Collapse -
display screen is turned 90 degrees - help
by chrisusvi1 / December 3, 2008 8:00 PM PST
In reply to: try the usual.


At what point do you do the CTRL + ALT + up arrow? I did that command and it didn't do anything accept scroll up the user names on the screen. Is there something else that I could try or am I doing it at the wrong time.

Thanks again.

Collapse -
Nvidia graphics
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2008 10:41 PM PST

Have that option to rotate. Here's some links about it. You should research how to rotate the display so you can set it like you want. The key combo has proven easy for some and others just can't do it. I can't explain why.

Read from http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ROTATE+NVIDIA+DISPLAY

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.