Windows 10 forum

General discussion

Display driver for Dell Vostro 2520 of Windows 10 64 bit

by roysumit1 / June 16, 2016 1:25 AM PDT

Recently i upgraded my system to window10 64 bit, but there was no display driver for w10 in dell web site. Other than display driver all other driver is present for w10
What shall CNET guys suggest will i continue with Microsoft inbuit default display or downgrade to w7 64 bit.

I am attaching the link of my driver download site of Dell
http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/product-support/servicetag/5j46T02/drivers?os=wt64a

My system details
dell vostro 2520 laptop
service tag, 5j46T02

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Display driver for Dell Vostro 2520 of Windows 10 64 bit
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Display driver for Dell Vostro 2520 of Windows 10 64 bit
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: display driver
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 16, 2016 1:28 AM PDT

Does your display work to your satisfaction now? Then I see no reason to go back.

Collapse -
Display is hazze
by roysumit1 / June 16, 2016 1:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: display driver

A number of lines comes when i play hd movie, other than that ok. Also my display graphics processor is from intel. Can i keep as it is in w10 64 bit or would you suggest some driver for display management for intel.

Collapse -
Are You Sure Your Display Driver is Intel?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / June 16, 2016 5:44 PM PDT
In reply to: Display is hazze

When I check the link you provided, then click on the "Browse all drivers for Vostro 2520" link , an nVidia graphics driver show up. Here's that page:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/product-support/servicetag/5j46t02/drivers/advanced?os=wt64a&dgc=ba&cid=299605&lid=5718620&acd=123092226602942957c94940922&ven3=275903405611887294&DCP=DNDTAG

So, are you sure it's an Intel graphics device? Which processor do you have on the computer? Is the processor AMD or Intel? The reason I ask is because I've got a couple of HP computers which have older second generation Intel Processors for which Intel and HP have decided to NOT create Windows 10 display drivers. Therefore, you either live with the default driver Microsoft gives you after upgrading, or you go back to the previous operating system. Here, although the desktop has plenty of RAM and processing power, I've decided to NOT upgrade those comps to Windows 10. They're not a test machines and I'm simply leaving them as Win7.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Post was last edited on June 16, 2016 5:45 PM PDT

Collapse -
Yes, Intel processor with gpu from intel
by roysumit1 / June 17, 2016 1:07 AM PDT
Collapse -
Please try this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 16, 2016 9:50 AM PDT
Collapse -
Tell more. Does your model have the nVIDIA GeForce GT 620M?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 16, 2016 6:56 PM PDT
In reply to: Please try this.

If so, install the latest Geforce Experience app to update that driver.

Collapse -
Nope ,
by roysumit1 / June 17, 2016 1:12 AM PDT

Sir gpu is from intel HD graphics 4000.

Collapse -
That's an "OK" video.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 17, 2016 7:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Nope ,

But far short of what's needed for gaming. Video play is usually OK but did you try it with a better player like VLC Player?

Collapse -
I will try vlc
by roysumit1 / June 17, 2016 9:35 AM PDT
In reply to: That's an "OK" video.

ok i will keep run my w10 pc display driver with inbuilt Microsoft display driver and going to install vlc . Result of vlc will be posted soon.

Collapse -
And The Latest Driver for Intel HD graphics 4000 Is....
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / June 17, 2016 11:39 AM PDT
In reply to: I will try vlc
Collapse -
Display driver
by Bob__B / June 17, 2016 11:39 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?