TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

by stewart norrie / June 16, 2007 3:09 AM PDT

Your old 811 system is going to the grave yard. I received a phone call from Dish Network and was told that because they are going to the new empg-4 technology I would lose The VOOM package So they are offering either the 211 or 222 system sysyem upgrade free .( the 222 system is for two t.vs one hi-def and the other for a anolog set in another room 2 tuners. You also get 20 hi-def premium channels instead of 10 and all the network hi-def channels for FREE all this great stuff for only $10.00 per month Now I can take down my old outside antenna and all my roomate needs is a remote control . Also there is no fee for the second anolog t.v. savings $5.00 per month the new package has Universal and e.s.p.n. which is so cool now I can see drag racing in hi-def BAM BAM If any one is thinkg about getting dish network hi-def service e-mail or post and I will send you a gift card number so you can get free activation and other goodies No I dont work for Dish Network But there customer service is awsome and I belive you get the best picture and sound quality possible. and I have never had any problems have a nice week end all Mr. bill did you buy your mussle car yet ? when you do we will go to the drag strip and I will race you with my Cadillac for pink slips ha ha steweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DISH NET 811 OWNERS GOOD NEWS
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DISH NET 811 OWNERS GOOD NEWS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
No muscle car, Stewee. You were the champion of that.
by NM_Bill / June 16, 2007 6:57 AM PDT

About 12-15 years ago a friend who was a mechanic & used car dealer promoted the idea of me buying, I believe it was a 67 Shelby GT-500. Being a Pennsylvania car, it was very corroded. The guy, however, knew the huge engine had never been really challenged, the car just bought for a status symbol.

He tuned the engine up a bit & took me for a test drive. Head snapping torque. A fun ride, for sure, but not for me as it needed an owner with some resources to cope with all the rust & deterioration. A nice project for the right owner. Man that thing was a bodacious muscle car!

In the meantime, enjoy your upgraded Dish service.

Collapse -
Me too?
by Coryphaeus / June 16, 2007 7:43 AM PDT

I've had Dish since it hit the Dallas market in about '97 or so. Right now I have four 811 receivers, Top-200 and the standard HD package. I've not heard a word. Reckon they'll give me four 211s?

Collapse -
by stewart norrie / June 16, 2007 1:26 PM PDT
In reply to: Me too?

Hi Cory with your anolog t.v.s they remove the boxes . this will save you the $5.00 on each s.d. box per month, then just screw the co-ax directly to t.v. then use a certain channel on the t.v and with the remote all operation is done at the main box. You must be a good customer like me so everything is free now the best part is you are going to have 20 hi-def channels for only $10.00 per month and they throw in your loocal network hi-def channels for free I would give them a buzz because you are going to loose some stations in your hi-def package soon + all the VOOM channels great deal and save money steweeee

Collapse -
No analog TVs. . .
by Coryphaeus / June 16, 2007 9:21 PM PDT

I have 6 HD TVs. Two are slaved off of two 811 boxes via coax, but the rest are stand alone. I'll need four 211s. And since Dish is owned by AT&T, and I'm retired from SWBell/SBC/AT&T, I don't pay what you do, it's part of my retirement package. I also have my OTA antenna running into each box so I get all local Dallas/Ft. Worth channels HD.

Since they called you I just wondered if they will call me or send something in the mail.

Collapse -
Mr Bill more B.S for you ha ha
by stewart norrie / June 16, 2007 1:41 PM PDT

Another boaring story from steweee. Back in 1969 I had a car stereo businees right behind a Ford dealership in Hayward ca. Most of my work came from that dealership One bright Saturday they brought over a new Cobra Mustang which was being sent over to Germany The car had the 428 c.i. Hemi motor hi- gear rear end, special tires brakes, etc, etc, any way I was told to install the best stereo system on the market money no object , Well when the salesman came to pick up the car he asked me if I wanted a little test drive Yess I did wet myself he punched it at 160m.p.h my head slammed back against the seat at 160 the ram air intake on the hood opened and all hell broke loose. My last thrill was when I drove my friends 69 plymouth 426 Hemi at Fremont drag strip the car turned 9.97 et and 127 in the quarter mile and when I was going thru the finish line I could still feel the tires breaking loose and car movine a little side to side what a rush But thats why I admire you because I do know you have done a lot of fun things in your life and I hope you keep doing them steweeee

Collapse -
About time
by HTHMAN / June 17, 2007 1:25 AM PDT

I have been telling you for a long time to dump that 811 receiver. Now you get more channels and none of the 811's shortcomings. Next ste[p is to upgrade to the 622 with DVR-great receiver.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?