1) What format is the video when it is on the hard drive or DVD? Specifically, what compression is being used?
2) All appear to be standard def - where is the high-def version?
3) There is no visible accessory shoe... external mics and/or lights need an adapter (like the Canon Elura 100)? Though the spec sheet has an "x" for an accessory adapter... and hot-shoe. If that's the case, what accessories are there?
4) "xlr in" on all models? Really? Call me a skeptic, but I find that pretty amazing... or am I reading the spec sheets wrong?
5) Touchscreen... how "Sony-ish" of them...
This is a really neat design being made possible by Hitachi. Eliminates the HDD crashing fear and the need for having a computer. Pretty interesting. Post your thoughts here!!