General discussion

Disabling Help & Support ??

Im trying to disable the Help & Support feature on Win XP Home & Pro versions. This is to avoid using it to execute programs from it. I searched in the Admin templ. in the group policy and cant find it.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Disabling Help & Support ??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Disabling Help & Support ??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Link only.
- Collapse -
I need to disable >>>

This only removes that shortcut. Any window you open can open the Help at the end of the file menu. Im looking to disable it completely.

- Collapse -
Unregister the help dll too.

Microsoft writes about it at this article. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888534

Your better IT staff will lock the needed .exe that the recent threat revealed. Some will just delete it on each login with the login script.

Bob

- Collapse -
I'll try it

Ok, thanks I will try it tomorrow. These computers are used by Federal inmates in a prison and have to be tightly secured. So im trying to get as much info in restricting them as possible.

CNET Forums