Question

Disable touchpad on Samsung NP-RV510-A05UK - Win 7

Feb 10, 2016 10:44AM PST

Greetings (10/Feb/2016)

Disable touchpad on Samsung NP-RV510-A05UK - Win 7
==================================================

This one is really bugging me, on past laptops with a touchpad I have made a change in specific touchpad settings to disable the touchpad when the keyboard is in operation... can I find where to make the change on this one? NOPE!

I think there is a need to install a custom driver maybe to release the additional functionality, this is a common problem reported on the web but no solutions seem forthcoming for my my model...

Can anyone advise since nothing appears in control panel under pointing devices or keyboards!!! If there is something online it has eluded me...

Kind regards

Dr B
Southampton UK

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Disable touchpad on Samsung NP-RV510-A05UK - Win 7
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Disable touchpad on Samsung NP-RV510-A05UK - Win 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
The product page didn't help.
Feb 10, 2016 11:06AM PST
- Collapse -
SOLVED: Disable touchpad on Samsung NP-RV510-A05UK - Win 7
Feb 10, 2016 2:59PM PST

SOLVED WITH THANKS: Disable touchpad on Samsung NP-RV510-A05UK - Win 7

bios

The BIOS was already up to date (it post dated the one linked) BUT within the 11! updates considered essential when I installed and ran SAMSUNG UPDATE was the one I have
seen before on a 'Tosh .... SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD DRIVER!

samsung_update

but now with the added value of Palmcheck so instead of having to isolate the touchpad, it ignores me! and it works! (I once had a Windows 98 app to ignore the cat walking on the keyboard - he is not stuffed)

synaptics_palmcheck

Many thanks for getting me to revisit the obvious, my laptop appears to have ignored what happened since it was born despite supposedly having update working!

Cat5e

- Collapse -
Cat Tax!!!!
Feb 10, 2016 3:10PM PST

CNET Forums

Forum Info